Aiv plug ?

• Aiv plug ?

I was wondering if anyone knew the dimensions for the bolt the threads into the exhaust for the AIV. Will a z32 aiv plug work? I would just cut the pipe for the aiv and have it welded but I replaced my exhaust for an aftermarket one and the pipe is glued into the other exhaust. Lemme know what you guys have done to plug it.

I sent an email to Dave at CM Performance about the same thing and he said he had no idea.
    I bought my downpipe thinking i'd keep the AVi system but ended up deleting it and throwing
    out the pipe.

I'm going to take mine down to the local ACE hardware and see if i can find a plug that fits close enough,
    then when i have the thread/size pitch of the plug, i can hopefully order a steel plug from somewhere.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

That's my exact situation. I called him as well and he told me it had to be machined. I don't think that is correct considering it just looks like a bolt can thread into it. I went to Home Depot and a couple other stores and couldn't find a bolt big enough. It would really just help if we knew the size so we could just purchase it online. My guess is about m24x1.5 but I could be wrong.

Just in case anyone ever runs into this problem…there is a part from nissan(part# 14052-21R00) and it will plug the aiv right up without welding or cutting the stock aiv pipe thing.

Well slap me and call me Susan....thanks!

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo