Who's running 17+psi

• Who's running 17+psi

I'm looking to run somewhere in the 17-25psi range. Are the 6E's plugs going to be fine or will I need to step up to 7's.

Also, anyone running 550cc injectors with nistune? Curious as to what K factor is working for you.

You need 7's after 15psi IMO.

Make sure if you have a gutted plenum, that the top is welded good with nice thick metal. I thought it only happened on Fast and the Furious, but I blew the welds on my intake at 21psi.
    sigpic

NGK 1095'S are one stage colder. I would recommend those as well as lowering the plug gap to around .030 or so. I run mine at .027 and do not have issues with blow out.

7's at .03-.033 gap. Don't kill your gas millage unless you are having issues with blow out.
    Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

Excellent. Guess I'll order me a set of 7s. Thanks guys!

Originally posted by Butter
    You need 7's after 15psi IMO.

Make sure if you have a gutted plenum, that the top is welded good with nice thick metal. I thought it only happened on Fast and the Furious, but I blew the welds on my intake at 21psi.
    I just lol'd really hard

Originally posted by NuCOTech
    I'm looking to run somewhere in the 17-25psi range. Are the 6E's plugs going to be fine or will I need to step up to 7's.

Also, anyone running 550cc injectors with nistune? Curious as to what K factor is working for you.
    I have 550s. 553cc to be exact high impedance but I have a mustang gt airflow sensor (the "other" ford maf curve in nistune good for 500whp) So that needed k adjustments back up. With both my k is 200.

Originally posted by 707Redz31
    I have 550s. 553cc to be exact high impedance but I have a mustang gt airflow sensor (the "other" ford maf curve in nistune good for 500whp) So that needed k adjustments back up. With both my k is 200.
    Great, thanks for that info. I will use 200 for a starting point and I should be able to go from there.

There is a tick box you can check when adjusting injector size that will recalculate K-value on it's own. I would go by that as injectors swing the K-value one way and the MAF has the opposite affect on it. I don't remember which one is which. It is in one of the Nistune Manuals.
    1985 300zx N/A - June 4 2012 Sold to Austin Irwin
    1987 2+0 N/A - March 19 2014
    1987 2+0 Turbo - May 6 2014