Lower intake manifold gasket options

• Lower intake manifold gasket options

Well I had the vac line blow off my fpr on the dyno on a high boost run before winter and it seems to have damaged my piston rings and head gasket so I got to pull my engine apart yet again sigh.

I am looking into what parts to get for this I figure a engine gasket set is pointless with the modifications to the engine since I have the intake spacer so thats just rtv silicone, vg33 heads and such so I am planning on going with ishino head gaskets, late model pathfinder vg33 stamped metal exhaust manifold gaskets from nissan, the custom piston rings from BCR performance for the custom 8.5:1 cr pistons, so not much else is needed that comes with a gasket kit.

The big thing I am wondering about is the lower intake gaskets. Looking at Nissan the stock 88 nissan gasket part number 14035-Z31001 is $31.32 this is metal with those rubber rings around the passages. When I was looking at the vg33 pathfinder for the exhaust manifold I saw the lower intake gasket was a stamped metal one with no rubber rings around the passages part number 14035-R50002 for $6.41. Is their any problem with using the cheaper pathfinder gasket? I know it will work on the engine, but is the quality better, the same, or worse? Can it withstand boost? I know they had superchargers on the pathfinders but they didn't run alot of boost. I am running high boost on the car I was making around 435hp at the wheels when I had the vacuum line failure on the dyno.
    The saing goes you save the best for last which is why the letter Z was chosen as the last letter of the alphabet. It is also why it was chosen to represent the best car of the 80's.

Respect the Z

I have the metal with rubber one in my na2t, it's working just fine at 10 psi, the quality of the gasket was very nice compared to my old fel pro ones.
    http://z31performance.com/showthread…2-2-(-now-NA2T
    My build thread (:

Yeah I have been using the Nissan ones with the rubber and have had no problem with them, however the pathfinder ones are signfigantly cheaper to purchase so that's why I'm trying to find out if anyone has used the vg33 pathfinder ones. If money wasn't so tight for me these days I'd just get the ones I always used but $12 vs $64 makes me want to look into it. They are both oem Nissan so I know they are quality just not sure if the as good, better, or worse than original ones
    The saing goes you save the best for last which is why the letter Z was chosen as the last letter of the alphabet. It is also why it was chosen to represent the best car of the 80's.

Respect the Z