finishing exhaust, muffler choice?

• finishing exhaust, muffler choice?

I am running a full 3 in turbo back, with as few bends as I have to make. It's all set up and done minus a muffler. Wanna see who has ran a full 3 in straight turbo back and what they used. Would like to get rid of some of the rasp but understand cams and other components have part to do with the noise.

I have used Borla, and Magnaflow, both sound nice, are straight through, and hold up nicely.
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic

Yeah any quality brand you're going to do well with. It's pretty hard to go wrong on these cars tho, the worst you'll make them sound is like a tractor.

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

Originally posted by DeleriousZ View Post
    Yeah any quality brand you're going to do well with. It's pretty hard to go wrong on these cars tho, the worst you'll make them sound is like a tractor.
    With my magnaflow I get a chubby every time I drive under an overpass.

Yeah, I love the sound of Zoey's Magnaflow muffler on 3" SS turbo-back with no cat. They just built a 600m tunnel under the airport here in Calgary and I'll drive an hour out of my way just to hear Zoey rumbling through that tunnel.
    Zoey - 1987 Z31T GLL - HKS EVC / CM SS 3" turbo-back / Stance GR+
    Black Betty - 2014 Audi C7 S6 APR1

2.5" dual tip Magnaflow part number for my Shiro please

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
    1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
    1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215