Making power with stock turbo location

• Making power with stock turbo location

My goal is to make 450-500 hp while keeping the a/c and most of the other fancy do-dads. What size turbo am I looking for, and will it fit in the stock location with intercooling pipes?

Thanks
    1988 300ZX Turbo Shiro Special

There are a lot of turbos that will fit in the stock location. HX35 will fit down there and it pretty big.
    2007 Nissan 350Z Base: 13.476 @ 103.870 MPH

1988 Nissan 300ZX Shiro Special New Setup [email protected] MPH

My PTE 5857 fits down there nicely too. plus with the 2.5" V-band outlet, makes plumbing by the steering shaft super easy. just requires an external gate.
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic

Thanks for the info, guys.

One extra thing: I know that "max powah" desires come in all types of torque/hp curves. One set-up has a wide power band while another takes forever to get there but makes super top-end power. I'd prefer a set-up with a wide, smooth power band over one that requires you to goose it any time you want to really move.

I kept the A/C with my setup. Had to use 2.25 plumbing
    1986zxt w/ '86, 56k mile, na engine (turbo bits swapped), K&N intake, 3" CM Performance turbo-back exhaust, Eibachs, KYB shocks, Front Mount Intercooler (2.5" plumbing), Turbosmart MBC/9 lbs, recirculating BOV, ASCO plenum, dual fans, Maxima alt, Champion 3 row Radiator.

2013 Ford Taurus SHO Performance Package

I kept A/C on my customer's car.... ran 2.5" with a HX35 setup, and external gate on the manifold.

your goals depend on cams, cam timing, compression ratio, displacement, and turbo selection.

sigpic

I'll be doing a full build to include rods, pistons, cams, springs, valves, plenum & exhaust. I just want to ensure that my power goal won't be hampered by stock turbo location.

with a bone stock engine.... your power goal would not be hampered by the stock location.

sigpic

Good to know. Gotta have that a/c down here in TX.

Lookup 1sickZ. 9 second Z31. Used stock manifold, stock location.
    Originally posted by Andrew84zx
    tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
    545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ