lean misfire, or?

• lean misfire, or?

Ok, first I hate starting a new thread with all the info about misfires on these cars.
    Of course I think my problem is different than the other posts.

History:
    about 6 months ago the water pump disintegrated. In the process the overheated so bad it warped the heads and I had compression in the radiator.
    Pulled the heads, got them rebuilt and put it back together. Only to find a broken piston ring.

I pulled the motor had it rebuilt and put it back in. As far as the motor all seems good, but the car runs very badly.
    It ran poorly before the rebuild, but it still runs bad.
    It has what I would call a lean misfire. It will barely start, and when it does it will consistently backfire and mis even after it is warm.
    I set the timing to 20Deg and I have pinging (which never happened before). I turned the timing back until the pinging went away.
    I say lean because the exhaust makes my eyes water.
    The car has no power either, and will barely start when cold.
    Besides all the engine internals, I have replaced the CHTS, Distributor, plugs, wires, cap and rotor, the O2 sensor, fuel filter, timing belt of course (which I have checked twice), injectors, and made sure the harness was good. All parts are Rock Auto. Also, I have used the carb cleaner vacuum leak test (no change)

The engine rebuild is just a part of what I have done to this car, and I'm ready to get this thing running correctly.

What I haven't replaced: The MAF, fuel pressure regulator, IAC, egr, TPS, That's about it.

Any suggestions would help. Also a good reliable Z mechanic in the Central Florida would be better.

Even better would be to take the EFI off and put a carburetor on, and a HEI distributor on from PerformanceDistributors.com,
    but I cant seem to find a carbureted intake.
    once again any suggestions?

I'm located in central Florida. Pm me.
    http://z31performance.com/showthread…2-2-(-now-NA2T
    My build thread (:

PRW-2? Those things are always going bad…
    Compressed Springs is the scariest shit EVER!

" border="0" alt="">