How much oil pressure is too much oil pressure?

• How much oil pressure is too much oil pressure?

So we all know low oil pressure is bad. On the other side of the spectrum though, too much is also bad. Anyone know how much is too much for a VG?
    2007 Nissan 350Z Base: 13.476 @ 103.870 MPH

1988 Nissan 300ZX Shiro Special New Setup [email protected] MPH

I have hit some high pressures before when my engine was cold. Like high 80's into the 90's but I didn't blow any seals out or anything. luckily! High pressure can mean the bypass is not functioning properly and could be worth looking into.
    "Its the s12's sexy over weight step daughter, the z31"

There are a couple ways to look at this one could say that there may be a restriction some where causing reduced flow and high pressure which would be really bad. Or maybe you have a rebuilt engine with a reworked oil pump that has been shimmed to tightly causing high pressure. And there are some other causes like running engine honey or oil that is to thick.

If there is no restriction and oil system is flowing freely I do not see much cause for concern with high oil pressure unless it is so high as to damage the oil filter.
    In my opinion oil flow is much more important than oil pressure so as long as all internal parts are getting the right amount of oil who cares what pressure is.

or a faulty sending unit

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
    1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
    1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215