Advice Requested

• Advice Requested

My T3 has 125k on it and is petering out. Not ready to take the next step with injectors, fuel pump, engine management, etc… Questions as follows:

1) Will my current set-up (listed in sig) support a t3/t4 upgrade without further supporting modifications and just run lower boost?

2) Are there other power modifications I could do at this point without having to do other supporting modifications?

Situation is that I pay to have most work done. Getting to a point where paying somebody to do modifications is getting to be too much. Throw in fabrication requirements and the $s add up quick. If the t3/t4 will work with present supporting mods at a lower boost setting then I will at least be at a point where, if I choose to proceed with further power gains at some point, I will be that much closer. If the t3/t4 is not feasible I will just rebuild the t3 and call it a day.

Thanks in advance
    1986zxt w/ '86, 56k mile, na engine (turbo bits swapped), K&N intake, 3" CM Performance turbo-back exhaust, Eibachs, KYB shocks, Front Mount Intercooler (2.5" plumbing), Turbosmart MBC/9 lbs, recirculating BOV, ASCO plenum, dual fans, Maxima alt, Champion 3 row Radiator.

2013 Ford Taurus SHO Performance Package

Depending on the size of the T3/T4 setup, anything over 8psi will max out the stock turbo injectors.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

Get yourself a wideband O2 sensor and just keep the boost in safe air/fuel levels and you will be fine. I ran a Holset HX35 with stock fuel and ecu for a while. Car actually made the 9 hour trip to and from Branson Z Fest with that setup. I'd look into an adjustable Fuel Pressure regulator as well just to ensure safe fun.

^^ Agreed it can be done. I am running T3/T4 from AZ Turbo with stock fuel right now, but make sure you have a wideband to make sure you aren't running out of injectors. I have an SLC DIY2 from 14point7.com and it has a simulated narrow-band output, so I am running wideband O2 in the stock location with simulated narrowband output run back to ecu. BTW, wideband and stock O2 sensors are NOT the same diameter, so fab work is needed to make it fit (drill out sensor bung and re-tap).
    Butter (credit where credit is due): "You have this "gift" where you can make cooking a Hot Pocket seem like you need a certain wavelength microwave and involve brown mustard."

I as well am running a T3/4 on stock fuel with a 3in exhaust and intake. I don't push the car very hard (its seen the occasional 12-13psi max according to the Profec B)
    so I've not invested in the cost of a wideband but that SLC DIY2 looks pretty affordable and i like that it can be tied into the stock ecu as a narrowband.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo