Vg30et swap

• Vg30et swap

I know that threads on swapping an n/a to turbo have been done to death, but the problem with most that I've seen is most people will post links to redz31 or xenon which both basically show how to turn your n/a car into a turbo car by swapping over the turbo manifold, turbo, ecu, etc. The problem with that is the higher compression on the n/a engine, you cant really push this setup too much further than stock turbo without risking the engine. What I'm interested in is a FULL vg30et swap (I've searched but haven't found much info). It seems to me that if you have a donor car that you should be able to swap the crossmember, use the motor mounts already on the vg30et, drop the motor in the n/a car with the turbo harness still on the engine, run the harness through the firewall, swap to ecu to the matching turbo ecu, connect all you coolant and oil lines, and fire it up. Correct me if I'm wrong, it just seems that swapping the turbo parts to the n/a engine is more work than just swapping the full engine with the harness. Anybody have any links or info to point me in the right direction? Used to be a nissan tech, just never dealt with swaps or really anything this old lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Your over thinking it. Just do the NA2T.
    Originally posted by Racinjitter
    :lol: Those of us who say A/C FTW all have a g/f or wife. ac+women=more quiet=possibility of sex. -
    ac+women=SUPER BITCHING=no sex.

Swapping over a turbo motor into a NA car is just as common. The steps are exactly the same with the addition of pulling your motor and putting in the vg30et.

You still need the turbo crossmember and all the turbo related parts.
    You do not need to swap the engine harness. You can still use the NA harness. You will just have to splice in the turbo idle components as if you were you doing a NA2T swap.

So again, its been done many many many many times.
    Its the same procedure.

Have fun.

I guess I just wanted to build it as close to factory turbo as possible with the car being as clean as it is. Thanks for the help

I'm doing a swap soon, I'm also swapping the boost and oil pressure/temp pod for a completely stock look.
    Cha iro

enjoy building it yourself.
    if it fails, fuck it.
    at least you gave it a whirl.

Full engine and hrness swap or just turbo manifold etc?

Also wanted to rebuild the donor engine before the swap

I know you don't have to swap the harness, I was just wondering if you can. Just trying to avoid splicing anything in.

In my NA2T swap I kept the NA harness, in this swap I'm using the turbo harness, it's the better way to go for 02 compatibility and idle up etc.
    Cha iro

if it fails, fuck it.

Originally posted by Augustus Maximus
    In my NA2T swap I kept the NA harness, in this swap I'm using the turbo harness, it's the better way to go for 02 compatibility and idle up etc.
    So the way I explained it would work then? Turbo engine, harness, and ecu on an n/a body with no modification or issues?

Other than the crossmember

That's the correct way to do it, if you're going for stock setup.
    Cha iro

if it fails, fuck it.

Awesome, thanks for the info.