SATAN ripping on Schneider cams again

• SATAN ripping on Schneider cams again

Ok, as most of you know, I hate Schneider cams. I think they are garbage. Last year I degreed in my cams only to find out that one of my lobes was missing something like 9 degrees of duration. I was disgusted by this I never even bothered to check anything else on the rest of the lobes. Only the intake on each cam.

Well, I was just out there messing with my solid/hydraulic lifter thing (found out I only need .010" more shimming from where I am at… good guess) I decided to go ahead and measure my lift on the #2 intake and #2 exhaust since I already had the dial indicator set up. Here is what I got. Keep in mind I am measuring off of the LIFTER BODY, so it is impossible to get a wrong reading.

#2 cylinder intake lift = .280" x 1.5 (rocker ratio) = .420"
    #2 cylinder exhaust lift = .293" x 1.5 (rocker ratio) = ..4395"

Ok, my cam Schneider cam grind number is the stage 3 turbo cam, part # 17076. According to the online info, which you can find here, ( http://www.schneidercams.com/cams/50a.htm ) my Exhaust lobe is supposed to have .440" of valve lift. I would say the .4395" is pretty fucking close. However, according to the online info, my intake lobe is supposed to have .450" of valve lift. My cam only has .420" of valve lift. That is missing almost a full 1/32"!!! Now that may not sound like much, but when you are dealing with cams, THAT IS A SHIT LOAD!

So apparently I have some stupid fucking hybrid camshaft that Schneider decided to make that day. A cross between part #17073 and part # 17076. Must have been beer Friday or something. Glad they only chose me to fuck up on. Wait a minute! what are the chances that it is only me? HAH slim to fucking none! It's most likely you to!

Schneider = The Suck!
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20… underway for summertime daily driver.

Thanks for Sharing, i was trying to decide wheather to get the MSA cams or the Schneider Cams for my build, and thanks to you now i know which one to get

300zxtproject wrote: Thanks for Sharing, i was trying to decide wheather to get the MSA cams or the Schneider Cams for my build, and thanks to you now i know which one to get
    Well, you thought you were going to be happy with your decision. Then I informed you that the cams that MSA sells are done by Schneider. :-(

Its just like most everything else. You get what you pay for. Schneider cams are cheap which is why they sell so well. But the quality matches the price. Google some cam companies, call some places. You will find that LOTS of companies can regrind your cams. I dont have positive feedback to give any other cam companies as of yet though.
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20… underway for summertime daily driver.

Isky makes a badass cam for the L28. I don't see why they couldn't do the same with a VG.

1985 Nissan 300ZX 2+2- My first Z, back in the family
    1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo RIP 4/87 - 4/28/2011
    Under Construction: 1986 Nissan 300ZX NA2T Slicktop
    Originally posted by Tempestas
    Well, one of the t-tops wasn't latched real well… God only knows where that t-top flew off to at 150+ mph. Didn't scratch the car or anything, just a boom and it was gone. I sure as hell didn't stop to see where it went. I didn't see any stories on the news… so that's a plus.

I was about to buy Schneider until I saw that fuck up they did with the group buy…now this is the last nail in the coffin for my decision…hey heres a thought, everyone should do these measurements on their non-schneider modified cams and see what we get.

How about Schneider's valve springs? Nothing wrong with them right? I'm still thinking about getting those.
    http://www.vgpowered.com
    Bridging the gap between VG communities…

Z shirts and more http://www.cafepress.com/zcargifts

ive been wantitng to buy some cams from them but havnt yet because im broke from just getting nistune and injectors… but my cousin just got stage 2 or 3 cams from them, ill get him to check them. is there anything you can do like refund or anything if you dont use them and they are off on each lobe?

You guys think SATAN rants a lot on here? You should see him at home… :-?
    Originally posted by Racinjitter
    BoostedMamma = making cancer her bitch since 2011.

Im getting ready to dive into another test set of cams. I think i'll give isky a shot just to compare measurements.
    But Isky and schnieder used to be ONE the same. Partners split and now you got isky and schnieder.
    Praying....

when i mentioned cams for my Z the first thing he said was "does isky make a set…cuz if so you should get those…" *shrugs* lol…i hadent even heard of them before that rofl…

and to boostedmamma…i feel sorry for you the first day SATAN found out that his cams were off…i bet you heard about it during every conversation for like a week…

1988 570zx SS Edition

Originally posted by Neil86t
    Just get a slick paint job like mine and its all good. I had a girl that said she wanted to lick my car. She ended up licking my sack…end of story. Bitch ain't gonna lick my car.

bleakdragonmage wrote:
    and to boostedmamma…i feel sorry for you the first day SATAN found out that his cams were off…i bet you heard about it during every conversation for like a week…
    …he even rants in his sleep…
    :soupir
    Originally posted by Racinjitter
    BoostedMamma = making cancer her bitch since 2011.

yea thanks im going with elgin to grind mine now
    The days of NA

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2653941