Remanufactured Rack N Pinion

• Remanufactured Rack N Pinion

I will need to replace the rack and pinion on the 85. I previously ordered a remanufactured alternator from Rock Auto that overheated after about 20 minutes of use.

Where is a good place to get a good, quality, remanufactured rack and pinion for a Z31 nowadays? I'm trying to save myself a big headache.

I should have posted this under repairs. Moderators please move this to the correct category.

Cheers
    Last edited by daniel_pearce; 10-01-2016, 04:51 PM.

You don't have much of a choice unless you have it rebuilt by someone yourself. You get the same remans everywhere, be it a1 cardone, delco or something else. I even ordered the a1 cardone through ebay because of the shipping prices they offer. As far as I gathered from all the comments I found, theirs should be a pretty OK reman.

Multiple sellers are selling the Cardone 1 between $135 and $175. There's one available from BuyAutoParts on Ebay. It costs a bit more than most of the Cardone units, but it comes with a 36 mo. unlimited mileage warranty. I may look into getting this one.

..I had a issue with A1Cardone thru Rockauto…steering felt great for two blocks and heard a loud POP....every drop of fluid shot out both sides of rack…not happy as it was a pain to install…i exchanged and upgraded to the AC DELCO and it was a much better rebuild in every aspect., from packaging,paint,warranty.

Sorry to hear that. Definitely not cool. I ordered one from NAPA online Buy online Pickup in Store, but the manager of the local store doesn't even have a clue where my order is LOL.May have to go to the dealer and pay a bit more so I don't have to deal with that kind of nonsense.