CM intercooler piping kit = failure

Steel with aluminum is a mix for fast corrosion, I would imagine reports of this would be widespread considering how long they have been manufacturing intercoolers

Ebay Intercoolers seem to work fine.

Never heard of any aluminum alloy with iron in it.
    BLOZ UP.com
    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

xbxrxtorquex wrote: DEAD THREAD.

CX Racing is crap, their intercoolers have such a high steel content % that they're magnetic, and that means you won't get much cooling capability,.so you could still risk detonation.
    I has a few CX Racing intercoolers, they're 100% Aluminum alloy with 0 magnetism.
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

[quote]michaelp wrote:
    Originally posted by xbxrxtorquex
    DEAD THREAD.

CX Racing is crap, their intercoolers have such a high steel content % that they're magnetic, and that means you won't get much cooling capability,.so you could still risk detonation.
    I has a few CX Racing intercoolers, they're 100% Aluminum alloy with 0 magnetism.
    Again, it could've been a completely different unit or just an older one, I'm not really sure. I'm just not a fan of any eBay intercooler, and I read that article and was pretty interested. You interpret it as you wish, but my bad if I'm confusing different units with CX racing ones.

2001 Mazda Miata LS
    also a 1989 Nissan 240SX

50th AE Build Thread SOLD 2015