The VG33E information thread

Mike_GruiZinga wrote: Gritt,

I will be testing the following pumps. Still awaiting the frontier pump from the dealership, ETA 2 weeks.

-Z31T Auto
    -Frontier VG33
    -Quest VG33

I have all the appropriate equipment and resources available at work. Stay tuned. I will make a new post when the results are ready.

Also, VG33 HG with VG34 conversion.
    how is the flow testing going?

Exercising my constitutional right to be awesome

1.5.2. Podium winning cars do NOT need to be running at the checkered flag
    good thing....

Got tied up with conversion kit.. still planning on it, just got pushed back.

Will update when I learn anything new.
    "produce first.talk second."

yeah, figured that when I kept looking around the other threads. nm. take your time

Exercising my constitutional right to be awesome

1.5.2. Podium winning cars do NOT need to be running at the checkered flag
    good thing....

Is anyone here with the vg33 using v52 heads with it?I read in the first post that it would be advised not to use the 21v or 85e heads but not v52's?
    "If your car cant do a burnout from a 60mph rolling start, then your engine needs more work."

"Nitrous doesn't blow up motors; Idiots with nitrous blow up motors."

Shooting for 500whp

v52's have the same steam holes as the OWO's don't they?

That would be awesome because then I could just bolt mine on and not have to mess with the liters (hybrids).
    "If your car cant do a burnout from a 60mph rolling start, then your engine needs more work."

Shooting for 500whp

I'd suggest using OWO heads, but you would probably be fine with the V52s.
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

i just would prefer to use them as they are already built with my cams,lifters and springs.And i have ls1 locking exhaust manifold bolts.

Shooting for 500whp

i have v52's on my 3.3, they work fine
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a mans character make him a moderator.

Thank you sir

Shooting for 500whp

Further info,if using a 33 out of something with a front sump (quest), the dipstick must be moved.the hole towards the front of the block is used for front sump.there is just a plug in the hole that needs to be used further back that can be punched out.no drilling required.this may have been already covered but I had to take my oil pan back off because I did not realize this until I went to install the dipstick tube.

Shooting for 500whp

Here's my photo album of the VG33 from an 03 Xterra motor with some comparison photos of my VG 3.0 from my 93 Pathfinder.
    http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/cuongnutz/VG33/

Also, Here's NissanNut's website:
    http://nissannut.com/maintenance/vg33e_upgrade/
    http://nissannut.com/maintenance/vg33e_ … index.html
    Shelly - 93 Pathfinder
    VG33 conversion in progress
    4x4 conversion complete

did you ever complete that thing?

Not yet, still working on it.
    Shelly - 93 Pathfinder
    VG33 conversion in progress
    4x4 conversion complete

Them links are beast! Props.
    89' Turbo-R.I.P. (scrapped)
    87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X
    07 Frontier XE <----(turd) daily