Trying to decide on new tires

• Trying to decide on new tires

I am trying to decide on which tires to buy. I have the 18 inch 350z wheels. The car is not a daily driver but I do drive it to work on the nice days. I plan on doing some occasional drag racing. Would like to have a decent tread wear with good traction. The tires I'm looking at right now are the bf goodrich g-force comp 2 and the hankook ventus V12. If any of you have other options I would like to hear them. I know neither one is probably great for drag racing but if I start doing it often I would get another set of wheels and tires. Thanks for your input.
    Attached Files
    • Air Scoops.jpg (94.4 KB)
    '87 300zx turbo, auto to manual swap (done when bought), intercooler, bov, 3" exhaust, walbro fuel pump, 420 Mercedes injectors( not installed yet), nistune, running 12-13 psi, clsd, dxd stage 3 drag clutch, electric fan, alternator upgrade

Dunlop DZ101's are also good tires. I run them in 265/35R18 front and rear. Great grip, not really noisy. They don't like freezing temps too much.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

Do you know what the tread wear and traction are on those? Not listed on tire rack
    '87 300zx turbo, auto to manual swap (done when bought), intercooler, bov, 3" exhaust, walbro fuel pump, 420 Mercedes injectors( not installed yet), nistune, running 12-13 psi, clsd, dxd stage 3 drag clutch, electric fan, alternator upgrade

I have the same wheels on my 89 turbo with Continental Extremecontact DW tires, 235/40/18 front and 245/40/18 rear

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
    1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
    1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215

Rather than compromising for both, why not buy a set of good street tires, then a set of cheap rear wheels and get some R comps or drag radials to throw on when you want to go drag racing.
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

I had thought about those also but put the other at the top of the list cause they have a rebate right now and figured I would use that toward the mounting or alignment. The bf Goodrich and the Continentals are the same price before the rebate. Right now I think my top choice is the Goodrich. I have never paid that much for tires and want to make sure they are worth it and will work with my plans.

I plan on doing that when I know how often I will be going to the track. I don't want to spend that money if I can only go a couple times a year.

Sorry for nitpicking, but the tires you're talking about are actually made by BF Goodrich. Goodwrench is what Government Motors calls the retards they hire to do service tech work at their dealerships.
    Zoey - 1987 Z31T GLL - HKS EVC / CM SS 3" turbo-back / Stance GR+
    Black Betty - 2014 Audi C7 S6 APR1

Sorry I was typing on my phone and didn't realize that is what I was typing. Thanks

I got GT Radial Champiro UHP1's on my Z33 wheels. Pretty cheap tire (110 each) on tire rack. So far i like them. Not sure how they'd hold up on a drag strip.....

Dan4242;336946 wrote: Sorry I was typing on my phone and didn't realize that is what I was typing. Thanks
    Also, the picture in your signature is entirely too big.
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

jaqattack02;336975 wrote: Also, the picture in your signature is entirely too big.
    Please resize it

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
    1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
    1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215

I have ran (and currently run) hankook ventus V12 on my z. I really like the tire a lot. Decent grip and good life, they just take 1000mi to break in.

With that being said, I would also say bf goodrich g-force comp 2 would be great tires too. If the decision was mine to make I would go with the BFs
    86na - BlueZ
    Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
    85t - Mr Tickles

Not trying to thread jack but is anyone running Yokohama's AVID ENVigor's?
    Black 1985 na/coupe brought back from the dead.
    2000 frontier for work.
    2004 PT Cruiser for gettin' grocery's.

adamvann3;337034 wrote: I have ran (and currently run) hankook ventus V12 on my z. I really like the tire a lot. Decent grip and good life, they just take 1000mi to break in.

With that being said, I would also say bf goodrich g-force comp 2 would be great tires too. If the decision was mine to make I would go with the BFs
    Running v12's on my subaru right now. I would probably go with BF's as well if you are looking to do drag and some other things with it. Believe you might sacrifice a little tread wear but they are a bit stickier than v12's.
    Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)