rotor recommendations please (85t)

• rotor recommendations please (85t)

I would like all 4 rotors to go with new Porterfield R4S pads.
    I believe quality blanks should be sufficient since I want to move to BBK after these pads. I could not find Brembo blanks for my 85t which seemed to be the most suggested/popular. I only found Duralast, Raybestos, Bendix, AC Delco, and Centric.

Opinions, reliable sellers, or reason for suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!
    dan

"Ate" if you can find them. they're pretty good and not warped out of the box.

Thx careless, I tried everywhere and was not able to find them. One site said call for availability but that was only the rears. Any opinions on second choice? I hate to pick up crappy rotors as I have gone through several on the maxima…

adroitcaptor;337788 wrote: I would like all 4 rotors to go with new Porterfield R4S pads.
    I believe quality blanks should be sufficient since I want to move to BBK after these pads. I could not find Brembo blanks for my 85t which seemed to be the most suggested/popular. I only found Duralast, Raybestos, Bendix, AC Delco, and Centric.

Opinions, reliable sellers, or reason for suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!
    dan
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brembo-Rear-…#ht_1529wt_847

http://www.importrp.com/pbr.html (has front Brembo rotors)
    '84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
    PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!

Centric, its a subsidiary of StopTech. I prefer there premium with e-coated hats and veins.

Pads, if you are sticking to stock calipers I tend to use something more aggressive like EBC.
    86na - BlueZ
    Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
    85t - Mr Tickles

I beat the ever loving shit out of some brembo blanks on my 86T. They never warped or gave me a problem.
    Elitist Prick Black Z owner.
    1986 300zx Turbo
    2011 Ford F150 Super Crew 4x2 EcoBOOST
    1985 Toyota 4Runner, locked, lifted, geared, uglied.

Warping quality rotors is almost always because of user driving habits, sitting on the brake pedal after a hard stop, doing frequent small stops instead of slowing and coasting, riding the brakes adding too much heat....

Warping shitty rotors is easier, it just adds casting irregularity and low tensile rated iron to the above potential problems, once rotors start warping, they tend to build up high spots more easily, which makes more hot spots, and so on, getting worse…

So just some centric blanks will be fine?

I talk to a lot of guys that race who buy blanks for the weekend and expect to throw them away after (like spec miata).

Hard to tell if my driving is a problem when I have no comparison or coach.

Thanks again for the advice everyone.

Get the centric e-coated ones. Believe Adam found the part # with the ones that are coated…I didn't have any luck finding rears that were coated though. I use stop tech pads too - initial bite is nice.
    Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)