Can I use these tires? Got them for free

• Can I use these tires? Got them for free

I wanted to get some wider tires to help with traction I have had a pair of 255/45/17 tires like new sitting around my house I got for free years ago just never had anything to use them on. I purchased a s14 a while back with z33 wheels and was thinking of using the wheels on the z. Will those tires fit ok on the 17x8 z33 wheels ok and if so will they then fit in the back of a 88 model with or without spacers? I don't want to waste money mounting them if they won't work. If they will fit but not with those wheels what width and offset would I be looking for?
    The saing goes you save the best for last which is why the letter Z was chosen as the last letter of the alphabet. It is also why it was chosen to represent the best car of the 80's.

Respect the Z

The tires will be slightly tall but nothing serious, and yes they should fit… z33 wheels will need spacers to look good

When you say that you got them years ago, just how long ago?
    I would definitely inspect the tires for dry rot, especially in the sidewall and bead area. Take it from a tire guy, you don't want a tire that may blow out on you going on a car.
    Z31 owner as of 27/04/12!!! Sitting in my driveway as of 29/04/12!!!
    Let the madness begin!

Id definitely inspect them. But when I ran my 17's with 20 offset 8'' wide with the 255/45/17 I was very close to the strut tube housing in the front. It never rubbed, but I couldn't even get my pinky in there.
    My Build Thread

If you have stiff compound tires like V-Z rated, you only need a few mm of clearance, but keep in mind each tire model has a different side shape, one might rub and another might not in the same size

The z33 wheels are +30ish offsets, if it was close with +20, you will need spacers

255 seems like a lot of tire to squeeze on an 8" wide wheel. It should fit, though.
    Justin
    1986 NA 2-seater
    SCCA Solo E-Street Prepared #31
    Race Videos
    Build Thread

I was looking them over they don't seem dry rotted they were kept in a cool kinda damp basement they need cleaned up but I don't notice any cracks
    The saing goes you save the best for last which is why the letter Z was chosen as the last letter of the alphabet. It is also why it was chosen to represent the best car of the 80's.

Respect the Z

Would a 1" spacer work ok with those My buddy has 2 of them I can have. What do you think would be a good size tire to pair with those on the front 7.5" wheels. And spacer size to use. I looked at the front wheels they have 215/45/17 on them with a lot of tread, maybe ill use them on the front and those 255/45/17 on the back I use the car for mostly drag racing and cruising around. Seem like a shame to take off new tires.

Respect the Z