If i said i was making jigs for strutbars what would you say?

• If i said i was making jigs for strutbars what would you say?

Here jiggy jiggy jiggy!

I would say that 90% of the strut bars out on the market or even made in the past for our cars suck at performing their intended purpose. I hope some new form of chassis stiffening ideas would/can be implemented........ A lot of cool ideas out there and it would be nice to see something different.

All that being said, make some, sell the Crap out of them and pocket some cash to build your z!!!!!
    "Its the s12's sexy over weight step daughter, the z31"

i would say start with something other than a piece of aluminum angle stock that's thinner than most hard book covers…

+1 on the above. I agree with Careless and Nismopu. Strut bars are on my design/build agenda, but, you can save me time and effort to stuff other things under the hood, etc. Go for it. Send me pics/costs when you are done.

86na>T, gt3271,Z32tran,lsd,Fidanza, 60mmTb, Isky's, CM3",Prothane, Gary's goodies,etc.
    88t 94k rot rat donor> gut out> crush

triangulate the strut bar to the two bolts that hold the headlight bucket down on the center hood latch bar, closer to the radiator opening. that area is boxed in from the headlight bucket area and has some rigidity from the lower radiator support too.

so make a diamond shaped strut tower bar that bolts to the pinch-weld on the firewall as well as the headlight bucket area. I made a similar strut tower bar out of bar stock and it made my friends corolla a zillion times better. the pinch-weld is one of the strongest parts of the firewall.

It has been on the agenda. If you plan on doing it and making the bar removable, do it with a proper joint

This

Not This
    DD:
    86 Black Turbo 5spd
    The Fallen:
    84 red n/a auto Slicktop, 86 Black 2+2 n/a 5spd
    Parting Currently:
    86 White Turbo 5spd, 88 n/a 5spd, 84 AE, 88 Shiro #64
    Garage Sale

How about a damn brake master cylinder brace already?

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

Go for it!

Z31 cottage industry has been booming lately with talented dudes making quality shit we want, be one of those dudes.

NissanEgg;341085 wrote: How about a damn brake master cylinder brace already?
    Yesss.
    Justin
    1986 NA 2-seater
    SCCA Solo E-Street Prepared #31
    Race Videos
    Build Thread

MADMIKE;341084 wrote:

Not This
    Mmmmmm prettty.... gotta ask though, how many of you want a tension adjuster on yours?

NissanEgg;341085 wrote: How about a damn brake master cylinder brace already?
    Hmmmm.....I was thinking about this one. I need one for my subaru too so might make both at once.
    Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

Careless;341065 wrote: i would say start with something other than a piece of aluminum angle stock that's thinner than most hard book covers…
    That being said would imply you haven't done any or much production milling in your life, or simply don't understand what to do with a jig.

Thanks for the suggestions, It's nice for Ideas but I already have measurements and G-code for 4 strut bar designs that i sold 10-15 years ago, this isn't new to me. I sold over 50 in the past everyone satisfied no returns or complaints. The most common is the simple over the top as the one in my picture it does work efficiently for stock cars, or cars with clearance issues 3/4inch thick 1 1/2 wide. For higher performance cusco replica bars once again over the top same as other but a 2.5 inch wide aluminum 3/4inch thick. Then i also made the diamond or box bars but they don't work with factory intake 2 bars from the tower to the hood latch bolts 2 bars to the wiper motor bolts. 1/4inch angle Iron reinforcements at both the latch and motor all 4 bars adjustable. If you noticed from the pictures i have all the mounts are made of 1/4 plate steel, 14x1.5 end link bolts. I posted a few pictures of some 10 yr old bars i found about 2 weeks ago.

Underpants gnomes…

G-E;341154 wrote: Underpants gnomes…
    I'm Methodically searching for a "LIKE" button. lol

Pics, prices, and shipping info for Canada, and you've got a customer here.