Tokico illuminas or bilstein?

• Tokico illuminas or bilstein?

I've been trying to order a set of illuminas for my 87 turbo. I've tried twice to get a set and both times, my order gets refunded. I tried thezstore and tokicos website. So.. are illuminas even available anymore? If not would the bilsteins be the next best option?

I don't intend to lower it yet.. I just need new suspension. Struts/shocks are shot. But I want something that will let it handle decently.

Thanks. Bilsteins it is then.

Bilstein hd or koni yellows…

In years past, Illumina's were a good option. It seems like in the past couple years, Illumina's quality has gone to shit with them often blowing out after a short time.

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
    1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
    1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215

Illuninas tend to be back ordered/made to order. My friend ordered some and it took something like 3 months to get them. I'd go with Bilsteins, a lot easier to get your hands on.
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

I waited 3 months for my Illuminas. My RR shock blew after 500 miles.
    5.3 LSx Z31

I got Bilsteins for the front of mine, took a little over a week to get them.

My 1986 Turbo Build

I blew my illuminas in 2000 miles on st springs. But only the rears. Front are fine tho.

If you want them to pay for a rebuild let me know. Ill let it go cheap.
    My Build Thread

jaqattack02;342066 wrote: I got Bilsteins for the front of mine, took a little over a week to get them.
    Cool. Do you like them so far?

Modelli;342121 wrote: Cool. Do you like them so far?
    Don't know yet, haven't had a chance to drive on them.

My 1986 Turbo Build

love my bilsteins under the rear of mine, springs are a bit tighter than they are valved for on the street, but on the track its amazing!
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic

Good to hear .. I just ordered the urethane master bushing kit and subframe bushings.. contemplating the rear diff mount too. I've got 207k miles on the car.. and i don't think the rear suspension has ever been touched, it needs some love.

When it comes to drop in high performance shocks Bilstein and koni make the best stuff.

I don't know anybody who has been disappointed with an aftermarket Bilstein. However i keep hearing about people being dissapointed by Illumina's
    85 Turbo Slick Top
    __________________________________________________ _____

That's because bilstein and koni are premium brands, the koni yellows are rebound adjustable and can damp much firmer springs than the tokicos could without blowing, but either one would be a good match with z3r or st springs