87-89 Hubs for z32 brakes, curious question.

• 87-89 Hubs for z32 brakes, curious question.

Just had a quick thought, might be stupid but I thought I'd throw it out there. What exactly is the need for 87-89 turbo hubs on earlier models for the z32 brake upgrade. Its got to be more then just for the 5 lug right? If it was just that then I could go ahead and switch my AE over without changing the hubs. I have access to my dads z32 leftover pile for those misc parts from which I have Z32 rotors and pads, I just need the lines and calipers but wanted to see if I could get away without the hubs (Prob not, but its worth the questioning)? I have access to my dads z32 leftover pile for those misc parts, lol.

it has longer studs? I didn't measure the offset but if it's different it isn't much, assuming all 87+ have the same offset that would mean around 1cm

87-89 T hubs have slip on rotors, earlier 5 lugs have bolt on rotors, you need the later hubs to match up rotors w/calipers
    Those who are willing to settle for less than the best quite often get it

it will work work on the old style rotors & hubs(see brake upgrade thread) however there isn't much of a point in doing it as the old rotors aren't very big, the only gains you will get is from the additional clamping force, and it the smaller rotor will cause funky pad an rotor wear porblems, but it will work.

"Beer is proof that god wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

theres no reason the older style hubs can't use slip on rotors besides stud length, which can be replaced

you know, i kinda had that thought as well, but will the hat clear the tabs that the old rotor bolts to on the hub?

"Beer is proof that god wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

G-E wrote: theres no reason the older style hubs can't use slip on rotors besides stud length, which can be replaced
    I really hope someone here has the resources to try that out. 87-89 turbo hubs are not cheap, and they are hard to come by.
    Matte Black 86T - Sold

the only issue is fitment depending on the rotor, the hub diameter is slightly different between bolt up and slip on.... so the rotor needs to have a larger hat or rear opening.... or the bolt up hub can be trimmed on a lathe, the amount needing to be shaved is like 4mm or something (for the stock rotor)