Possible to use 1 N/A Strut housing and 1 T housing?

• Possible to use 1 N/A Strut housing and 1 T housing?

I have a 86T and fried my Passenger side spindle. I have a new wheel hub and bearings, but I am having a hard time finding a T strut housing (because the spindle and the strut tubing are one piece). If I installed a N/A strut housing would it work?

My shocks are KYB so they should fit the N/A (cause I had to use the converter kit) and I have Eibach springs currently on the vehicle

Ideas?

It would if you used one from a car up to 4/87
    Hmmm, Whats next?
    Full Size Bronco, smashing shit.

84ZXT

Would the rotor, hub, caliper, wheel barrings from the T transfer OK to the N/A strut/spindle?

I'd assume there would really be no difference in ride height, or performance…

The hub is interchangeable between spindles (aka strut tube with kingpin) all years, as are the brakes assuming they are matched with the respective hubs

The spindles vary across the years, the kingpin angle is different for 84-85, the tube width varies turbo and non-turbo (ss is same as non-turbo), and wall thickness varies pre-88 and 88+

The simplest thing do do is get both spindles in a set from a chuki/kouki to match your car, if both happen to be turbo, use the turbo gland nuts with your strut inserts or vice versa if they fit non-turbo and you have those gland nuts

4/87 has nothing to do with the strut tubes or suspension.

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
    1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
    1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215

If funds allow, perhaps this is a good time to go coilover?
    5.3 LSx Z31

Funds don't allow for coilovers yet. Even if I did had funds, I'd still need to find a new spindle to weld the coilovers to.

@Reddzx - would the strut tubes and spindle from an 87 work? I know they changed the design of the cars between 86 and 87…don't know about the spindles..

From what I was told. The spindles have different kingpin angles and you would not get the same handling and you would have alignment issues. You would want to stick with 84-86 or 87-89 spindles. Remember, they are designed to work with their respective control arms which aren't the same length.

If you have an 86, you need them from an 84-86 car. 87-89 is different.
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

Ok - what I've determined from this discussion is to find an 84-86 strut assembly - if turbo great, if N/A need to have gland nut

84-85 then… 86 was widebody… and I would assume 50th ae versions are also like 86's

G-E;346686 wrote: 84-85 then… 86 was widebody… and I would assume 50th ae versions are also like 86's
    Theres no difference in 84-86 strut tubes except NA vs turbo. Same Nissan PNs, same compared side to side. The track difference with widebody vs narrowbody was made up with wheel offset changes.
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

And as far as putting 87-89 spindles on a early car, it'll merely make the track very mildly wider. It won't affect alignment in any way.
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -