Clearance on 18x9.0 + 18 Rims with 255/35/R18 Tires without spacers?

• Clearance on 18x9.0 + 18 Rims with 255/35/R18 Tires without spacers?

1987 300ZX Turbo.
    I'd like to know if 18x9.0 + 18 Rims with 255/35/R18 tires
    will clear without using spacers. I know rims are good
    at +18 offset, but wasn't sure about the tires, otherwise I
    can jump down to 225/40/R18's.

I'd like to get some additional input before I pull trigger
    on tires.

Note for all wheels and suspension is stock, but new.

Thanks.

Is this front or rear?? The rears might be a little sucken in because of the wider flare of the kouki body. For the front it should clear if your on springs. If its on coilovers then it might be a different story
    My Ride

Front and Rear, stock suspension, but new.

Stock Suspension (New) and both front and rear.

Rears will clear no problem.

As for the fronts, you should be fine. If anything you may need 5mm to clear the strut tubes. No big deal.

Order 255 tires. You will be pissed if you order 225's
    86na - BlueZ
    Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
    85t - Mr Tickles

If I need 5mm spacers - would these work?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/5mm-Hubcentr…420bce&vxp=mtr

Why would you replace your suspension with stock parts

Finally, the master speaks!

Thank you - I appreciate it.

Stock, from the sense that the car is not lowered.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/php-01201 your new best friend when it comes to wheel fitment, will save a lot of money and takes the guess work out of it
    87T, My build thread http://z31performance.com/forum/z31-…lee-s-87t-rb26

Adam, Kouki's is a 240SX? - are you suggesting an 87 300ZX with a stock
    suspension in the front is the same?

Kouki's are 87-89 300zx

Zenki - Japanese term for early
    Kouki - Japanese term for late

Nissan had different variation of front suspension parts over the years. The kouki spindle castings were slightly different with approximately 10 more mm of spacing. It is really evident when you place a zenk and kouki casting next to each other. There is more room between the strut tube and brake mounting points. There may be some difference in some geometry as well (slightly more static camber) but I never really measured that.

What I was trying to merely point out is I had 9" wide wheels +15 on zenki spindle in which they rubbed.

You have 9" wheel at +18 on kouki spindles. Which gives you approximately +10 mm of clearance (-3mm because of the additional offset)

But if you factor in I was running a 16" wheel, in which the wheel lip has a smaller diameter, where you have a 18" wheel lip.... The farther up the strut tube you go, the more clearance between hub face and strut tube.

I am not trying to space shuttle this, I am just saying you may be close. So verify everything spindle freely and has enough clearance before taking it out for a spin. I would hate for you to rub the inside of your new wheels or tires.
    86na - BlueZ
    Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
    85t - Mr Tickles

Thanks for explanation, I was unfamiliar with the term Kouki and when I researched the web, it refers to the 240SX, so I was thinking maybe you had parts on your Z from a 240SX or perhaps were talking about a 240SX. I'm going to have the tires mounted at a shop here locally, and would hate to have them mount them, put them on and find out if they don't clear, so I was hoping for a definitive answer, which I thought I did when AZ-Bum's post appeared, but
    then you should up and have me second guessing again - LOL. Perhaps, AZ_Bum will appear again and put us both out of our uncertainty

I've decided to downgrade from the Dunlop Direzza ZII 255/35/R18 tire to the Michelin Pilot Super Sport 255/35/R18.
    One additional option I have with the Michelin that I didn't have with the Dunlop's is the option of 245/35/r18's..........
    What to do, what to do.

All the best tires are within split hairs of each other, you can't go wrong, if you have trouble choosing, make a list of the most important attributes to _you_ and rank them accordingly, tire wear, wet traction etc