No brake pedal …

• No brake pedal …

so my right rear caliper started leaking really bad so i was just topping off the brake fluid whenever the brake light came on. it worked fine and my pedal felt nice. one day the sensor did not work and my brake light did not come on. i ended up emptying the master cylinder and had to carefully brake my way home. I then got a reman. right rear caliper and put it on. the piston was already pushed in so i just slapped on new pads and threw the caliper on. I gravity bleed the brake and had my gf pump bleed the brakes. still no pedal. the new caliper feels loose but everytthing is tight. its loose as if the piston wont come out.
    But anyways i then got a master cylinder and put it in. i let half a resivour per side gravity bleed starting from r/r, l/r, r/f, then l/f bleed out using up a whole bottle of brake fluid. i made sure i bleed the master cylinder and all the likes.......STILL no brake pedal. it was all fine and dandy until i ran out of fluid that day. What could it be?

Perhaps you got a defective caliper? I've had very bad luck with reman calipers with integrated parking brakes. I went through 10 of them on my Olds before I got a good one.

When the pedal is pushed, does the RR brake work? Can you turn the wheel?
    5.3 LSx Z31

ill try that tommarow. but with no airs in the lines and no leaks being completely seald, shouldent i have a nice firm pedal still?

If the system is sealed and bled properly then you should have a good pedal unless the master cylinder is bypassing internally.

Does the pedal pump up? If so, you have air in the lines.
    5.3 LSx Z31

no it does not even pump up xD it will feel maybe half way decent but then when i start the car bam right to the ground. lol

Most likely air in the bmc, tried bench bleeding it?

Either that or something is leaking, a seal, a fitting, the proportioning valve in the bmc…

Bench bleed that master cylinder. I never ever ever bench bled one in my life. Ran into the same issue as you and decided to try it…and there we go. It worked lol.
    My Build Thread

i did put it in a vice and connected the hoses and looped them into the full resivour. i pushed in the bmc until there was nothing but fine little bubbles in it. ill whip it off and try it again. i ordered another one today and when it came in it was missing that little rubber plug that is between the 2 front hook up's i dont even know what that is for lol. so i defected it out.

Those fine bubbles will keep squirting for a while

Sorry, not to thread jack but, did you replace yours with a Nissan Brake master cylinder and if so where did you find one? Thanks.
    Everything is Meaningless.

At pepboys. and the BMC did say nissan on it. my 2nd one did not say nissan. The company that we get them from is Pros stop. they rebuilt/reman old parts so really its a gamble if u get oe with them.