SS Strut Tubes

• SS Strut Tubes

Researching this on Nissan part dealer sites in clearly states strut housing 54303- 26p00 is a left hand (driver side) strut tube BUT this strut is mounted on my Passenger side. On the sites, strut housing 54302- XXXX is a right hand (passenger side) strut tube BUT this is on my Driver side. I don't see how these struts can be "turned around" or "flipped over" as they only appear to go in one way. Something is going on here! Any insight?

The SS strut housings are the same as 87-89 non-turbo, except that the struts inside them are bilsteins, not the standard nissan parts

As long as the caliper ears face towards the front, you've installed them correctly

G-E… I feel SILLY! Maybe its because I have multiple cars or maybe its because I've never driven this car because I'm still putting it together but my calipers are facing the rear!!!!! LOL This explain A LOT!! I am having a good laugh about this! I swear, it looks totally natural facing the rear! lol G-E, I Thank you my friend

Would look less natural once you put on the wheel

I know this is a stupid question, but would rear mounting the brakes help or negate performance? i see some cars will have them place in the rear..or on top even.

Project Black Betty

Generically mounting calipers forward helps reduce the contaminants from kicked up road grime and water; also the rotor's cooling is most effective at the top and rear without obstruction, since the bottom is almost stationary relative to the ground

The caliper can also act as a counterweight when steering, helping stabilize against wiggling, which only works fore or aft mounted, mounting it at the top would give you the least counterweight effect

In the z31's case, the spindle offsets the kingpin forward of the steering axis, switching sides would put it behind the steering axis, pushing the wheel about 2" back in the wheel well, while also screwing up caster/camber nicely