Aftermarket MBC

• Aftermarket MBC

My master brake cylinder to my '87 daily driver needs rebuilt or replaced. I am leaking a reservoir full in two days time. My first inclination is to go with the OE rebuild kit avaialble on e-Bay for about $85 I think. But, then I read that if there is any corrosion in the MBC body that it should be entirely replaced and I won't know that until I pull it all loose. Are there any good brands available thru NAPA or Car Quest etc. that are reliable and a better value than shelling out around 200 clams for Nissan? This will be my first MBC rebuild but, I'm not too worried about that. Thanks in advance.
    Everything is Meaningless.

MBC manual boost controller. BMC brake master cylinder. I've had luck with used ones.
    Cha iro

enjoy building it yourself.
    if it fails, fuck it.
    at least you gave it a whirl.

Rebuilt is hit or miss like anything, sometimes they rebuild corroded cores too by honing them out a little… best thing to do is crack it open first and then decide, I'm guessing rebuilding would be fine

The Nissan rebuild kit is NOT $200. Open it up and decide. Rebuilding them is cake. Just make sure to have a few cans of brake clean and a pipe brush to clean out the bore to inspect for scoring/corrosion. Most of the time the lip seals on the pistons wear out and leak.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

Thanks. I'm going to get the Nissan rebuild kit for around $85.

Augustus- Thanks, I knew MBC looked funny as I was typing it.

One more question. I looked in the FSM and in the Haynes and neither manual mentions how to remove the reservoir. Does it simply pry out? Thanks.

Yeah, it pops out.
    I can't find it now but, i posted photos awhile ago of the rebuilt BMC i got from NAPA.
    It was a oem Nissan core.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Thank You. Yes, I just opened up the box from O Reilleys and it's an OEM Nissan core.