KYB Kit108A shock adaptor kit… anyone have them in stock?

• KYB Kit108A shock adaptor kit… anyone have them in stock?

So I've been trying to find one of these kits, I've had a backorder with Jegs for 2 weeks now.

Does anyone know a vendor that has them in stock at the moment? I'd like to get my suspension finished :P

I think Amazon, Shockwarehouse and KYB sell them. Unfortunately about $50

Originally posted by visco1
    I think Amazon, Shockwarehouse and KYB sell them. Unfortunately about $50
    Not in stock on any of the above, on backorder.

Your best bet would likely be to just get some struts that properly fit the tube rather than getting this kit. Look at some Tokicos or Bilsteins. You'll be much happier with the performance and ride you get out of those anyway.
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

At this point I may just have to grab some non-turbo strut tubes from the junkyard.

I actually prefer KYB. The rears feel great as they have stiffer damping than stock, just need to get the fronts in.

Plus the fact that Toyota put KYB's on my Matrix from the factory and 160,000 miles later they still feel as good as the day I bought it makes me a believer.

If you're just running stock springs, I guess I can see how it's possible they'd be good. All I know is the Bilsteins I have on my car are amazing, and that's even with it lowered on STs.

If you go looking for strut tubes, make sure you get a set from the same series car (84-86 or 87-89) as there were some small changes to suspension geometry and interchanging the tubes between them can do weird stuff with your camber, depending on the combination.
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build