Steering slop and rear hub questions

• Steering slop and rear hub questions

I have some slop in my steering after replacing all front bushings and tie rod ends. The wheels do not move if jacked up (and one wheel is on the ground, they move evenly if both wheels off the ground), and there is no play in the wheels. Aside from the rack being worn out, are there any u-joints in the z31 steering system I should be looking for? Going to do head gasket and oil pan seal in 3 weeks, so figured I would tackle this while the engine is out.

Also, I am going to be doing poly bushings in the rear control arms, and the arms I have came with rear hubs but they were off a late model non turbo, will I need to swap my rear turbo hubs over, or will the 5 lug hubs on the control arms work?

Thank you

Steering shaft linkage has a u-joint in and they wear out. There are two styles, 84-86 and 87-89

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
    1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
    1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215

Originally posted by reddzx
    Steering shaft linkage has a u-joint in and they wear out. There are two styles, 84-86 and 87-89
    Exactly what I was looking for. Going to check it out this weekend to see if I need the u-joint!