rear toe excessive

• rear toe excessive

i have been doing a string alignment and camber check today on a 1988 200sxSE ..car is set up on slide plates and the string lines set up perfect for front to rear track differance..its going decent except for the rear toe....the best i can get adusting the rear eccentric bolts is about 4mm toe-in on the passenger side and 2.82mm toe-in on rear drivers side....rear camber is fine with 1.10 degree pass and .80 degree driver side....everything has been upgraded to poly, the only parts reused were the eccentric bolts , which seemed ok…do they wear out?? anything else i should double check? btw, the front was easy to dial in perfect. thx ,mike

Have you used the eccentric to influence camber at all? You lose about have the toe range if you do…

That said, have you looked into my trailing arm conversions? That will allow _all_ your alignment options no matter how high or low you go

thanks for the reply…my car is on stock springs[130000 miles] and seems to be sitting at correct factory height all around??[26" ground to top of wheel fender arch]…car has been upgraded to 1995 240sxSE 16" rims from stock 15"…215-55-16 in the rear......adjusting the toe eccentrics bolt, will only go from 8mm toe-in to 4mm toe-in....you can definitely see it shift the control arm fine, but it gets to the high part of the eccentric cam slope and wont allow anymore shift.....i'll set it up again and see if the rear camber is being mistakenly adjusted and screwing with the toe-in range....thanks.

yup…i look at that conversion kit every time i log in here LOL.

follow up…shimmed the rear springs which raised the rear to 28"..rechecked my floor leveling technique so it was perfect…and sure enough everything is now in spec…front camber is o* rear camber is 0*/driver and 0.65*/passenger.....rear toe is now -.23mm/driver and- .18mm/passenger

Just to follow-up, as rear spring seats begin to deteriorate, the OEM setup begins to sag causing mis alignment.

When I upgraded to eibach springs with new poly spring seats, the rear hub to fender measurement remained the same with worn OEM suspension.
    86na - BlueZ
    Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
    85t - Mr Tickles