Delrin passenger side rack busing makes driver's side rubber wear out?

• Delrin passenger side rack busing makes driver's side rubber wear out?

I installed new OEM rubber bushings when I put in my depowered rack 2 years ago. I love hard, feel-every-bump steering so I jumped when the Delrin passenger side bushings became available and installed mine right at the beginning of the season this year. Now, barely 2K miles later, the driver's side rubber bushing is coming apart - total of maybe 10K miles on it. I am assuming there must be a connection here, presumably with the effectively solid passenger side the driver's side bushing is now eating all the rack play and vibration. This make sense? Anybody else have this happen yet?

After driving the car a few times with the delrin passenger side bushing I had the rack wayyyy off at times. The wheel would have to be at like 3 oclock to go straight until I went until a turn the opposite direction. Going to order some stock bushings for the drivers side to see if it fixes it, but seems installing new drivers side bushings is a good idea.
    Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

I dunno man, on mine the delrin hasn't slid around (I used sealant as suggested) but it seems like the delrin bushing made an almost brand new OEM rubber one fall apart in 2K miles.

Originally posted by 300zxturboftw View Post
    After driving the car a few times with the delrin passenger side bushing I had the rack wayyyy off at times. The wheel would have to be at like 3 oclock to go straight until I went until a turn the opposite direction. Going to order some stock bushings for the drivers side to see if it fixes it, but seems installing new drivers side bushings is a good idea.
    Do you know if you have the narrow or wide driver's side bracket?

You should get the Ricochet poly rack bushings from ebay and just use the drivers side bushing and keep the passenger delrin bushing . Thats what i am planning to do if i find there is too much movement with both poly bushings .

I ordered a set of those. They`re garbage. They literally just took a cast of the OEM bushing, squirted some poly in there, and called it a day (if you know how the OEM ones are put together you`ll realize how dumb this is.) There`s no way they ever tried putting it on an actual car. They driver`s side one doesn`t fit and even if it did the edges would last about a day.