Tax return fun?

• Tax return fun?

Well, hopefully I'm looking at around ~900$ back from taxes. With this I'm probably going to get the most crucial thing my car needs right now, shocks! (backing out of the driveway I feel like im rideing in a boat on waves, Nakazato couldent belive how bad they were) Although a turbo would be nice too, oh and my inhibitor switch, but who needs clutch safety and reverse lights? Anyways, I believe when I do this I'm going to go for the Bilstein HD's and Z3R type 1 springs, I would go with the Illuminas but I have a 2+2 and don't feel like dicking around with the rear strut tubes to get it to work. None the less I don't care if I can adjust them, its not a track car, the ride will be stiff and thats all I want. From my calculations I'm looking around ~750$ to do this myself, that sound about right? and Is this a good choice? how many of you are running this setup and how stiff is the ride?
    1989 300ZX 2+2 N/A GLL
    Auto to Manual Swap
    NA2T Complete

lucky you. My tax return will be $16.97. Course you probably made a ton more than I did…
    My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
    My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
    207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

z

zmech wrote: Lucky you. I owe $8500!
    Ouch, that hurts.

I love my 3ZR springs. They are just right for the street with the illuminas set at 1-3. Above that you may need kidneys. I think I spent about 650 putting mine in with new shocks all the way around. But I also picked up the springs. I haven't got to ride in Taris Blue's car but from what I hear the bilsteins ride really good.
    Shiro Special # 981 Being assembled in my spare time Chromoly acquired!
    Originally posted by BoostedMamma
    Heads up makes teh panties drop. BUT I don't have a penis OR a fast car, so I guess my opinion doesn't count.

Well, I love the ride in my G20, Call me crazy but I love feeling all the bumps in the road. I hate going over a bump and feeling the car bounce, i just rather feel the bump, not to mention I hate body roll, I like taking a corner and feeling like im still sitting up straight and not doing a 90 degree jet fighter move. Okay Im taking this a little overboard, basicly with my 2+2 because I dont feel like modifying the strut tubes, I just want a stiff ride, on a scale of 1-5, 5 being the siffest what am I looking at? and besides Illuminas, what other options do I have?

And just for shits n giggles in case i decide to get my lazy ass to do iluminas, is there a page about modifying strut tubes on the N/A/2+2 to get illuminas to work? I was just looking, thought ive seen it before but cannont find it.
    1989 300ZX 2+2 N/A GLL
    Auto to Manual Swap
    NA2T Complete

I'm getting $500 back....I don't know what I'll do next. Most likely replace ALL mounts and every possible bushing.

matico40 wrote: I'm getting $500 back....I don't know what I'll do next. Most likely replace ALL mounts and every possible bushing.
    Same!

Racinjitter wrote:

I love my 3ZR springs. They are just right for the street with the illuminas set at 1-3. Above that you may need kidneys.
    God, do I know what you mean! I had my fronts set to 3 and rear set to 5. The car rode great, and handled like a dream with bad bushings, but every decent bump I hit was like having a midget run up behind me and smack me in the back with a 2x4. Ouch.

1985 Nissan 300ZX 2+2- My first Z, back in the family
    1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo RIP 4/87 - 4/28/2011
    Under Construction: 1986 Nissan 300ZX NA2T Slicktop
    Originally posted by Tempestas
    Well, one of the t-tops wasn't latched real well… God only knows where that t-top flew off to at 150+ mph. Didn't scratch the car or anything, just a boom and it was gone. I sure as hell didn't stop to see where it went. I didn't see any stories on the news… so that's a plus.

Shady195 wrote: I would go with the Illuminas but I have a 2+2 and don't feel like dicking around with the rear strut tubes to get it to work.
    Its the front strut tubes that need to be changed. You would need to get the ones form an 87-89 turbo car.
    86na2t + holset

feedback
    viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6114&hilit=andrew+gardner

TearingRaven wrote: but every decent bump I hit was like having a midget run up behind me and smack me in the back with a 2x4. Ouch.
    Midgets scare me, let alone ones with 2x4's. :lol:
    Shiro Special # 981 Being assembled in my spare time Chromoly acquired!
    Originally posted by BoostedMamma
    Heads up makes teh panties drop. BUT I don't have a penis OR a fast car, so I guess my opinion doesn't count.

I'm telling ya man, a group of them could take us out.

Well, one of the t-tops wasn't latched real well… God only knows where that t-top flew off to at 150+ mph. Didn't scratch the car or anything, just a boom and it was gone. I sure as hell didn't stop to see where it went. I didn't see any stories on the news… so that's a plus.

Would the turbo front strut tubes just bolt right on how would I have to do any modifications?
    1989 300ZX 2+2 N/A GLL
    Auto to Manual Swap
    NA2T Complete

Pretty sure they are bolt in.

Shady195 wrote: Would the turbo front strut tubes just bolt right on how would I have to do any modifications?
    ya they just bolt in. no mods required. I have done it to my 86 na and going to do it again in a few weeks to put in 87t tubes and control arms.
    86na2t + holset

feedback
    viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6114&hilit=andrew+gardner