S13 Front Struts or entire Suspension/Steering

• S13 Front Struts or entire Suspension/Steering

Anyone done either? S chassis struts have obvious advantages so down the track I'll be looking at fitting them or maybe even an entire strut, rack and Xmember. The strut change only would be my preferred option unless there is a good reason to do the lot, planning ahead a bit to start collecting the bits.

If you're interested in coilovers you can use S13 coilovers with minimal modification. You cut the bottom of the stock z31 strut housing/tube and weld on the bottom part of the coilover threaded tube.

Thanks for that ajaxism, I'm wondering if the whole S13 strut will change over which would involve matching steering and LCA parts. Bigger brake options for a start that way.

It can fit with a change to the s13 lca and steering hardware, but that does not mean you should. It messes with the steering and strut angles and throws caster waaaaay off. Its been attempted before and documented by many as a crap idea. S13 suspension should be done how ajaxism has done it only. Plus any big brake option that fits the s13 will fit a z31 with the 87-89 turbo slip on rotor front hubs and what ever adapters that are usually included with the kits or are even sold individually.

That's very handy info thanks 707, just the rear suspension now which will likely be sorted by fabbing a replacement subframe.