Door panels

• Door panels

I'm wanting more of a black interior, I've found carpet but I can't seem to find the door panels, I was wondering what's the cheapest way to make door panels black while maintaining a decent look of it.

Reskin them in the vinyl color of your choice. Easier than I thought.

The arm rests have been changed to black too.

Restore it, Don't crush it. They don't make them like this anymore.

Scott
    85 Turbo, original owner, restored
    93 NA Babied

Where did you get that vinyl? It looks pretty good

Metro restyling. What you see on the door is vinyl carbon fiber fabric, like a cloth, laid over a 1/8 inch foam backing. The carbon fiber effect in normal light is not any way near as noticeable as when the camera flashes.

http://www.metrorestyling.com/Metro-…lkcffabric.htm

This looked so good I decided to experiment with stretchable vinyl sheets. The below pictures are their 3M Di-Noc carbon fiber vinyl sheets. With a hair dryer, you can cover an outside mirror, it stretches so much. I decided to cover the seat back fiber boards with this stuff, and then decided to go for it and cover the lower inside trim of the entire car. This is what I have done so far. Next are the shock tower trim pieces. That will be a challenge with the many curves and shapes. If I don't like what I am doing, you can always pull this stuff off and go back to the original 30 year old plastic.

Restore it, Don't crush it. They don't make them like this anymore.

Scott
    85 Turbo, original owner, restored
    93 NA Babied

carbon fiber +10 hp for each panel covered.... duh.

to the op-this stuff is sweet and I may have to experiment with it as well. Can we get an installed pic of all the panels in the car when done?
    '85 300zx turbo: exhaust, intercooler, coilovers, etc…SOLD, will be missed
    '86 300zx turbo: starting over
    '97 Dodge 2500: 12v Cummins …selling and will be missed
    '94 Jeep Cherokee: D60 Front 14b rear, both locked and 5.38 gears, 37" mtr's
    2015 Ram 2500 megacab laramie cummins black appearance package