Floor pan cleanup

• Floor pan cleanup

Hey guys I'm working on getting my Z ready for floorboard repair and now I have to get the sticky black stuff off. Is there a preferred method? I have pried up the "cover panel", what a pain that was! Does anyone reuse that panel? Does it add structure? Lots of questions.

Thanks
    Mike
    Butter (credit where credit is due): "You have this "gift" where you can make cooking a Hot Pocket seem like you need a certain wavelength microwave and involve brown mustard."

sound deadening

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
    1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
    1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215

k, weight reduction it is. Why? Because racecar! Still interested in removal techniques Have heard maybe dry ice?
    Butter (credit where credit is due): "You have this "gift" where you can make cooking a Hot Pocket seem like you need a certain wavelength microwave and involve brown mustard."

Have you tried a hair dryer?
    Restore it, Don't crush it. They don't make them like this anymore.

Scott
    85 Turbo, original owner, restored
    93 NA Babied

Dry Ice, get some and a metal thin blade paint scraper or putty knife. It chips right up.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Well, I went with the heat gun method and a putty knife, and it does work. Lots of elbow grease and a fair bit of residue, but I think it will work. Borrowed the gun from Dad, so no money spent, as the cash pool is about gone for now. The dry ice trick I have heard before in my Honda days, and might come up cleaner, but can't beat free, esp. when funds are low! Got the passenger side almost done, will update build thread… Thanks you guys, big help!