Riveted Fender Flares and Fender mounter mirrors

• Riveted Fender Flares and Fender mounter mirrors

I've been off and on about how i feel, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to get some. A couple concerns, I don't know where to buy them specifically for a z31. Should i go with ones for an s13 or a 280z? Another concern is my z isn't on coilovers (tokico blue lowering springs and struts) so i don't know how well it will look. All the z31s I've seen with riveted fender flares have coilovers. Finally it's also a zenki and a lot of the z's are kouki.

Now the fender mounted mirrors, any opinions? I've seen a couple z31s with them and I'm really on the fence. They do look better on a 240z, 260z or 280z. From what I've seen though, they aren't that bad. One in particular I'm talking about is this one. http://toplowridersites.com/z31-slam…rrorstheylook/ Just looking for some guidance or opinions, that would be great. Also thinking about putting on the kouki front bumper like that one even though i know the headlights don't line up.

the Blister fenders you see on Crab's car are for a S30. there are none like that "For" a Z31, like most things. to suit the look, needs to be appropriately low, and the wheel/tire combo needs to suit it as well. with that being the case, you cant be afraid to cut, trim, bend, drill your body work on your car.

Personally I prefer the Zenki flares as they are, shape wise, and like to find a setup that suits them well. I go back and forth on the fender mirror and blister fenders sometimes too, but it's one of those things where, if you REALLY want it, you have to REALLY be willing to go through with it, and stick to it.

here's some inspirational reading for you… there's 26 pages or so, I usually just find the pictures, and read what's there… (left side has page selection)
    http://www.ziptied.com/forums/index.php?topic=6734.0
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic

Thank you, i appreciate the rapid response and opinion. I am definitely enjoying the reading too.

Instead of fender mirrors, an idea might be to drop the z31 stock windwing mirrors and use 2014 Challenger door mount mirrors.

I never really though about that, but has anyone else done that? I'm curious to see how'd it look on a Z31

Originally posted by 85300zxnissian View Post
    I never really though about that, but has anyone else done that? I'm curious to see how'd it look on a Z31
    That's what I plan to use on my 84T (like yours, it's pewter) but that is probable a year away. There would be some fitment issues as the area on the Z has a rounded or convexed surface as opposed to the somewhat flat area on the Challenger. That would not be a 'challenge' for a creative person.

Rubber/Delrin are amazing substances! haha. the look is always a concern, at least for Zenki/Chuki chassis, being more angular and sharp edges. although I have seen something about a 240sx mirror base mounted to the door, with universal style mirrors attached. not a bad solution.
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic