Re: Transmisson Questoin 30A v 71C input shaft tooth and diameter differences

• Re: Transmisson Questoin 30A v 71C input shaft tooth and diameter differences

Is there a difference between the two transmissions? Will 30A fit into a 71C clutch assembly? I don't have one to compare. I have a 240 mm clutch and a 71C, but I want to RR the 71C with a 30A in the future. I know that the flywheels are 240 mm (71C) and 250 mm (30A), but that's just the pressure plate and friction disc diameters. The actual fry wheels are the same overall dia.

Yes, I know its I spelled TRANSMISSION wrong, I don't know how to edit the subject line.

input shafts are the same

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
    1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
    1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215

Flywheels swap between them. Just be sure to match the flywheel to the clutch.
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

Thanks all, I do know about the flywheel differences. I have a DXD steel flywheel matched to a 240 mm clutch. I just don't want to replace them for the 30a swap in the future.

You will just need the 30A trans, slave cylinder, and driveshaft. And maybe the driveshaft pinion flange depending on which pinion flange you have.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

Originally posted by NissanEgg
    You will just need the 30A trans, slave cylinder, and driveshaft. And maybe the driveshaft pinion flange depending on which pinion flange you have.
    Slave cylinders interchange, and are even the same diameter piston. I've used everything from a Z32 slave, to a S13 slave, to a 84 Z31 slave, to a S12 slave…etc.
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

you need to specify if you're planning to use a Z31 or Z32 30A. they're rather different.
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic

Thanks again guys. Here is the Specs so all of you can send more info: I have a DXD Steel Flywheel, 240 mm stage 2, 315 ft-lb torque rated, will change to 400 ft-lb, once I get more HP/TRQ (later next year) along with the 30A transmission from an 89 turbo. The drive shaft is an all aluminum unit built by Texas Drive Line Inc, with oversized u joints able to handle 1100 ft-lb of torque. I already have the front 30A yoke standing by, the 71C yoke is on it now. In the rear, I will not need to change yokes since my car is an 88 and the rear is the LSD and the drive shaft was made for it, BTW: both 71C and 30A drive shafts are the same length. Slaves are the same. This is depending if I really need to swap out the 71C for the 30A. The gearing is a bit different, but the 71Cs can handle upwards of 400 ft-lb. so we'll see how long it will last. I'm not planning on more than that, but it would make since to have a 30A on standby. Anyway. I will take plenty of picks to document my build. I will be doing coil-overs as well, with complete poly. That, however, is for another thread....If you look at my old posts, I did post some pics of my white Z31-87-2+2 from below. This one will be cleaner…and faster.