Transmission cooler

• Transmission cooler

Hi Guys,

I have found some interesting parts on my car, not listed on any service book or workshop manual i could get my hands on…

I have two oil hose connectors coming from my transmission, but the previous owner cut the hoses more or less where the firewall starts and blocked them off. I see what looks like a electric oil pump (similar to diff cooler pump) in my front left corner of engine bay, also with piping blocked off. Yet there's no extra oil cooler? Maybe this model had a transmission cooler and it broke so they blocked off?

Also, my brake are HUGE for standard spec. The front was round 300mm (but single pot caliper) and the rear just a bit bigger, cannot remember sizes exactly, will have to measure again.

I took out my spare wheel the other day and found a UK based RF type tracking unit. So probably a Euro Spec model with some extra options back in the day?

I will take some pics of the pump and put it with later.

_DSC0237.jpg

Ah, thanks. Wonder what this did then

It is hard to find, I had to get new rotors machined, as nothing I could find was anywhere near these specs. _DSC0244.jpg

Here is a pic of the rotor with a ruler behind it. Its on my wall now in garage

Cape Town, South Africa

I see nothing special about the cooler system… all you need is a positive displacement pump wired up to trigger by thermostatic switch on the trans

You should be able to source a compatible pump easily enough, and the electrical side should already be more or less wired already?

I think you misunderstood. I dont want to know how to set it up. Its simple. All these extras was a bit strange and wondered how many and what models came with them… thats all

man, you have eu zenki turbo. Everything is rare-294 (or 300 need to check eu fsm) front rotors, abs sensors, etc. I can check if they're available (Jakoparts), pm me if I won't put in a week
    Z31 JDM my way_google translated

I think some had differential coolers with a pump.

A Z31 all the way down in S Africa. Post some pics of your Z.
    Shiro #443

Euro Turbo Z31 had all kinds of cool stuff. T-5 trans cooler with pump and core, rear diff cooler with pump and core, larger optional brakes, 16" versions of the 15" 84-85 turbo wheels, optional "German"-spec front sway bar, no EGR, more aggressive ECU tuning for more power output, etc.

I have 3 sets of diff cooler setups. Been looking forever for the T-5 trans cooler and the 16" wheels.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

saw these wheels alive only once(was short on money missed that zenki turbo).
    btw, air conditioner on all eudm was an option. and some zenki turbo even had hatch glass w/out defogger. also-early diff covers have larger square of fins (0.5-1 in2 probably), also-all eudm had rear vented rotors (na and turbo), and almost all "turbo" axles.

and, eudm na had 23mm front swaybar, and adj.shocks was an option for all zenki (no idea on kouki -have only zenki fsm and had only zenki na (eu) parts car.)

concerning tranny cooler, and tranny also, probably z32tt eu mt tranny will be more desirable -also equipped with cooler(as well diff).

Great, thanks for all the info. Yes, I have very large rear ventilated discs (somewhere round 310mm). No rear hatch defogger, Aircon (Taken off), Transmission cooler, engine cooler, diff cooler, 3way suspension, Slicktop (2+2), T3 turbo (I THINK - dont know much about those sizes) and 16" wheels. Will post a few pics

IMG-20141231-00086.jpg

IMG-20141231-00085.jpg

IMG-20141223-00079.jpg

IMG-20141222-00071.jpg

Will post a pic of whole car, Just need to take a pic and look for older ones.

Fronts:
    stock 4020607p11, -06p12
    Aftermarket
    blue print ADN14371
    Nippon pieces N330N84
    ABS 16025
    jacoparts J3311018
    Supplyers say even OEM is availible, prices almost same for all