Need help locating transmission parts for rebuild

• Need help locating transmission parts for rebuild

I have a 1987 300ZX with 269k miles and had the transmission rebuilt at a local specialty shop. Unfortunately, the transmission will not go into 1st or 2nd gear and it is back in the shop. They are trying to locate the needed parts. Do you know of any supplier who might carry them?

Which transmission is it? If it's 87 turbo then it would be the 30A and if it's NA then the 71C. These are both Nissan gearboxes and you can get most of the OEM parts for those. When I had my 30A rebuilt I went through the parts catalog, put together a list of all required parts and ordered them from Japan through Amayama. In the US some aftermarket rebuild kits are also available, it depends on what parts are needed.

Comment

• BSheehan
      BSheehan commented
      Thanks for your input. I have the 87 base model with a 5 speed, so as per your message, I have the 71C gearbox?

• kaur
      kaur commented
      FS5W71C to be more precise. It was quite widely used and rebuild kits are available. If you need more specific parts that are not in rebuild kits, it should still be possible to get either new parts from Nissan or used parts.

Always try e-bay before giving up. Worked wonders on refreshing my Z32 with NOS authentic Nissan parts NLA through normal channels. Some came from Japan. Below is an example for a manual transmission rebuild kit for a 87 Z31T manual.

https://www.ebay.com/b/Transmission-…103/bn_1457449
    Restore it, Don't crush it. They don't make them like this anymore.

Scott
    85 Turbo, original owner, restored
    93 NA Babied

Comment

• BSheehan
      BSheehan commented
      Wow, that link might be the answer! I will share it with the repair shop and hopefully it will be what he needs. Thanks!