Power seat stuck all the way back.....any suggestions?

• Power seat stuck all the way back.....any suggestions?

Anybody have and any suggestions or tricks before I destroy the seat brackets to get it out? Stuck all the back, front bolts are easy access obviously. Will be installing manual sliders, so noisy need to get the seat out as easily as possible....

is the motor making any noise at all when you push the button?
    Shiro #443

Yeah, I get a click. I lifted it up from the front and douched the worm drive and slides with WD-40. I even applied pressure with a breaker bar while trying to slide in either direction.

Shiro #443

thought I posted this earlier, and maybe it didn't show up. this is from my 87 FSM on body section of seats; I think those bolts can be reached by lifting the vinyl skirt where the switch is located.

For the motor after a painful trying to troubleshoot the switch, the power supply which were both good, I removed the motor and the brushes were worn to about nothing. Cleaned and reinstalled and it worked again for maybe at least a little while.

seats.jpg

Thanks for links Rick, I had found them before. Seems to be the tactic I'll be going with....

Greg ill bet the track got misaligned had the same problem on a range rover I know its not a z but if the mechanism is the same that might be it
    their was a plug holding the drive gear to the worm gear that came out so one track moved and the other didnt witch misaligned the track.

I got it squared away. Chris: it wasn't quite that but I did have realign the tracks after disassembly, which did prove to be rather challenging. Basically had to destroy the tilt mechanism to get the seat out. Once out I disassembled the worm gears and cleaned all the coconut fibers out of the mechanism, lubed and re-installed. Monumental pain in the ass, would not look forward to doing this again. The power seats were like twice as heavy as a manual seat and unnecessarily complicated, is that really something that was needed in a sports coupe in the 80's? (or 90's, 00's, etc)