help with electrical demons on AE

• help with electrical demons on AE

Guys I need help with electrical demons on my AE I just got.. Im not a complete noob with alot of this but still new to this AE so bare with me..I have checked and replaced fuses.. The left 15amp headlight fuse keeps blowin as well.... Main Issues -

1) My manual headlight button is constantly lit up.. When I turn it on and off the right headlight flips up and down but left stays up. And the light is always on within the button. Could be a messed up headlight switch but why are they on with the keys out and cluster button always lit up?

2) My high beams wont shut off.. Even with keys out of the car.. The main lights turn off and on and I get "lights are on" but the highbeams are always on and high beam light indicator are lit up on the cluster..

3) The AC wont turn on at all now and only the clock is lit up.

4) The rear lamp warning would flash every time I tapped the brakes even though the brake lights worked.

5) The dinging from the key never stops.. Key out or not unless I shut all doors..

Troubleshooting the electricals is always fun… in a not-so-fun way. Assuming you have the FSM, would be a good idea to print off some pages of the schematics and identify all the potential wires involved. The multi-function switch in the steering column that has the contacts for the lights is a known point of failure on these cars (not just the AE… all Z31's). Also, do some forum searches on this stuff. I know it's not like you can just google it and the correct thread shows up, but I've seen several folks deal with these same issues. Fuse blowing sounds like a dead short to ground in the circuit, which could be happening inside the switch.
    '86 NA - original owner (1986-93) and final owner (2005-present)

My build thread: http://z31performance.com/showthread…-Got-mine-back