Digital dash testing

• Digital dash testing

I'm trying to get the digital dash to work on my 86T. I have TWO known good power supplies, I tested power from the dash harness, to the display's little harness, out of the display harness into the power supply, and out of the power supply. The original dash display would only light up a couple cells and flicker when they did. I got another display used from someone and this one all the dummy lights will work but none of the cells light up at all. Won't even try.

The "new" display is an 84T. The wiring diagram I have shows 84&86 digital to be the same.

Any ideas?

wiring harness connectors

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
    1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
    1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215

Not a bad suggestion. I've messed with them a little bit moving them around while plugged in and it still doesn't do anything. I'll double check that them though.

Go over all circuit board connections on the power supply AND the clusters and check for bad solder connections. Common culprit. Also check the cluster for bad "looking" components on the circuit boards.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

I did that in both power supplies. They are 100% good. None of this can be power supply I've proven them. I have checked the cluster for fugly components and found none. I will go over the internal cluster connections next.