Footwell and Dome Light Circuit

Video is unavailable.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

I had the same issue converting one of my commercial pinball machines (Funhouse) from incandescent bulbs to LEDs. It was picky in the way the LEDs were installed into the sockets. If I just put the LEDs in regardless, they wouldn't light but if I installed one with the base's spade "left side up" then the next one left side down and kept alternating the row like that they would all work.

So I guess my suggestion is, have you played with the orientation of how the bulb is installed? If that doesn't work you may need an additional resistor on the circuit to mimic the draw of an incandescent bulb (but usually this would only be needed on the directionals so not 100% sure on that)

Okay. I had to upload another video. First one failed.

[youtube]W4tAhYnd_6w[/youtube]

Very nice sir. I like the fact that it will turn on when you turn the car off! Kind of like the newer cars that turn the lights on when you pull the key out of the ignition.

Another question for you, did you ever pull the radio/climate control? I am thinking of digging around back there, that's the only other place I could think of that Nissan would put the diodes… I don't recall ant other connections the last time I pulled it all out, but I could be wrong.

I converted my foot and dome lights to led without any issues just plug and played. O:
    http://z31performance.com/showthread…2-2-(-now-NA2T
    My build thread (:

Same here, I had almost every light on the Z converted to LED, and have had it that way for almost 4 years now. Our vehicles don't have anything special that would prevent us from using LEDs. The only thing is the flasher (which you can replace with an LED compatible unit for $15 at autozone), and the load sensor for the running and brake lights (which can be bypassed or left alone if it doesn't bother you).

Oh right I think my sensor was bad to begin with, lol I bypassed it forever ago. I did install switch back LED's for the front corner lights and soldered in the load bearing resistor to prevent hyper flashing. The same resistor I need to wire in to the rear brake light circuit aswell to make my full tail light led bulb conversion function.
    http://z31performance.com/showthread…2-2-(-now-NA2T
    My build thread (:

Originally posted by amreboot View Post
    Okay. I had to upload another video. First one failed.

[youtube]W4tAhYnd_6w[/youtube]

Dude…who's better than you?!

Great vid, thanks.

Now if I could just find some time to keep up with all these killer little mods you come up with!

Did anyone ever figure this out? I replaced my footwell and dome light with LED's and the dome light is really dim but the footwell lights are nice and bright and its really bothering me lol