Connectors, terminals main harness.

• Connectors, terminals main harness.

Hi, want to rebuild harness and make some custom.
    Which brand was used by nissan in z31 for main harness? both, male and female.
    brand, p/n s are welcome.
    probable they are same to injector connecots, but anyway.
    Z31 JDM my way_google translated

They are different from the injector connectors.
    The injector connectors are probably only available because it's common to replace them.

Nissan used a mix of Sumitomo or Yazaki. I had part numbers at one time but it didn't help as they are OEM suppliers only.

I spent a lot of time researching this a few years back when i started to rebuild the enginebay harness
    on my AE. I build cable harnesses at my employer and an familiar with the process, tooling and general crimp specs.
    Many an afternoon was spent looking at spec sheets for Amphenol, TE connectivity and other brands of terminal
    datasheets to see if i could find anything that would fit into the Sumitomo or Yazaki housings. The housings can
    be re-pinned rather easily IF you can find the terminals.

Crimpers are another story. Every different crimp terminal (even within the same series)will use it's own tool.
    Tools are different depending on crimp/strain relief design and rated wire gauge capacity. I'm totally serious when
    i say that these tools can be anywhere between 300-1500 dollars…for manual hand crimpers.

In re-doing my relay box, i did find a company in Japan, actually a canadian guy, that sells brass terminals used in older
    yamaha/suzuki motorcycles that would work. The company is called Eastern Beaver

You can sometimes find the sumitomo or yazaki connectors on Ebay, but i'm guessing it would be expensive to
    source what you need from Ebay.

What i resorted to was to de-pin (remove the terminals) from the housings and replace the housing with newer ones sourced from the U-pull yards.
    Thankfully, Nissan used the same series of connectors well into the 1990's so you can find better condition ones in Infiniti's.
    I would cut the wire to length if needed and prep (Dremel) the terminal in a way that would allow me to solder a wire to where the crimp is.
    I'm very good at this (flux is your friend) as i have Jedi-like soldering skills and more importantly, access to the right equipment, but pain in the ass, it still is.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Originally posted by Z_Karma
    The housings can
    be re-pinned rather easily IF you can find the terminals.
    you understand clear what I meant.
    well, actually I saw "close-to" at ballengermotorsports.com, but, OMG, they are pricey, and it will be pain if they will be wrong.
    They still could be ordered from china supplyers (starting from 1000pcs)(even aliexpress.com), but you still need to know p/n exactly for ordering.

a really good sart on AE
    good luck with it!

Thanks,

Yeah, i'm pretty sure that was one of the places that i found and decided it would be cheaper
    to re-use the pins and solder wires to them. Without the proper crimp tool i would have soldered
    the wires anyway for strength.

You can dig down through Sumitomos website and find the part numbers, iirc. It's been a few years
    since i did.

Originally posted by Z_Karma View Post
    Thanks,

Yeah, i'm pretty sure that was one of the places that i found and decided it would be cheaper
    to re-use the pins and solder wires to them. Without the proper crimp tool i would have soldered
    the wires anyway for strength.

You can dig down through Sumitomos website and find the part numbers, iirc. It's been a few years
    since i did.
    found em
    58 series
    found wholesale, as posted - china, but 5000 pcs - will be anough to rebuild at least 10 harnesses
    http://ru.made-in-china.com/co_yqhai…eineseygg.html
    http://ru.made-in-china.com/co_yqhai…eingoesrg.html

Sweet, great find! and at a decent price…unless shipping is outrageous.

When they're spooled on a rib like that for automated crimp mechanisms, they typically
    will cost much less when compared to the same terminal in loose quantities.
    For that price it would be an investment but you might be able to sell the remainder on Ebay
    for a few cents more and get back some of your investment.

I'm not a trader.
    Shipping, from China to USA - probably under 50 for express (same should be to my area).
    btw, I got an answer
    >> 1400-0196 - female terminal
    >> 1400-0198 - male terminal
    answer:
    price for this two terminal is 0.0178 USD/PCS
    Moq is one reel,one is 4000pcs,one is 3500pcs

so total be under $200