Weird stuff after 90Amp alternator install

• Weird stuff after 90Amp alternator install

Hey guys,
    I just installed the maxima 90amp alternator into my Z and I am getting some weird stuff happening.

When I step on the brakes, my headlights flicker and my cd player resets. Eyeballing the gauge I can see a huge voltage drop that lasts just a split second when the brakes are applied.

Anyone have any idea what could be wrong? The alternator seems to be charging fine and it is outputting the proper voltage. Is it possible I screwed something up during the install or it is a new problem entirely? I looked around the rear hatch area to see if there was a loose ground for the brake lights, but did not find anything.

Alternator was new, not a reman, that I got off rock auto a few years ago… I hope it's not the culprit since I probably can't return it by now.
    Justin
    1986 NA 2-seater
    SCCA Solo E-Street Prepared #31
    Race Videos
    Build Thread

Check for any loose grounds. The headlights in my 86T will occasionally flicker when I hit the brakes. I have yet to go through and recheck everything since reinstalling my 90amp alternator.
    '86 300ZXT GLL
    '78 Datsun 280Z BP
    '11 Saab 9-3 Aero XWD

Derp! Positive battery terminal just needed cleaning. It seems all better now. Guess I forgot that the car was sitting for a long time in addition to having just changed the alternator.

Thanks Pace, you hit the head on the nail!
    Justin
    1986 NA 2-seater
    SCCA Solo E-Street Prepared #31
    Race Videos
    Build Thread