Car doesn’t get any power from the battery to turn on car

• Car doesn’t get any power from the battery to turn on car

My 87 turbo just went completely lights out when I went to start it. I turned the key to the on position and the minute I when to use the starter everything shut off. This happened once before and I was able to jump start it but this time After I disconnected the jumper cables it everything shut off. Not sure if this makes sense or not but I’m judt lost as to what to do.

1987 Nissan 300zx Turbo
    1996 Saturn SC2

check the connections at the battery terminal. Make sure you have voltage at the battery and (seperately) at the wire connectors. I've seen loose connections there do this exact thing.
    --------------
    Legal stuff:
    **Nissan Employee**
    Any information shared is simply my own opinion and NOT the opinion of Nissan

not legal stuff:
    '88 300ZX 2+2-- driving… just details left
    '22 Q60RS-- I tell the wife it's hers…
    '87 Chaparral bowrider-- the next project
    '00 Corolla-- kids car.
    '14 E-350-- Gotta haul those kids in something.

Comment

• 300k_Saturn
      300k_Saturn commented
      so I checked the battery and the battery is putting out the correct voltage. None of the electronics are getting any power.

OK. double check the line voltage on the positive and negative wires (NOT the battery itself) while someone is trying to crank. If voltage there is good,check fusible links and battery to ground connections. There may be some corrosion or looseness in the grounds.
    --------------
    Legal stuff:
    **Nissan Employee**
    Any information shared is simply my own opinion and NOT the opinion of Nissan

not legal stuff:
    '88 300ZX 2+2-- driving… just details left
    '22 Q60RS-- I tell the wife it's hers…
    '87 Chaparral bowrider-- the next project
    '00 Corolla-- kids car.
    '14 E-350-- Gotta haul those kids in something.

Comment

• 300k_Saturn
      300k_Saturn commented
      figured it out. I need to clean the terminals and the connecting points

• mwolvinm
      mwolvinm commented
      Glad to hear!