New Distributer Replacements - comments

• New Distributer Replacements - comments

Has anyone have comments on distributor replacements ? compared to the nissan oem Hitachi Type

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo…209530&jsn=826

Spectra Premium all new Distributors deliver powerful consistent OE spark for maximum combustion efficiency, accurate timing, and rock solid high-rpm performance.

Benefits Include:
    • Includes NEW OE style cap and NEW rotor
    • 100% endurance & life cycle tested to ensure they meet OEM specifications for fit, form and performance.

Last edited by dbruce; 11-28-2020, 03:03 PM.

I have always opted for OEM on this component, I don't see an upside unless you see a big savings seems like the OEM is still available brand new so I would stick with original OEM

Personally I've never had good luck using aftermarket cap and rotor kits on my 84T.
    The other critical component being the CAS, and again, I use the newer oem CAS
    from the VG33, granted they are used from J-yard cars, but I'd still will usually trust used OEM over budget aftermarket.

So i wonder if they are selling a rebuilt OEM core with aftermarket components. The price is tempting, not so much if you had to go oem on the cap and rotor because of misfires.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

AS far as I know these have no remanned parts in these, .they are all new … rockauto has the best price 117 …
    Mainly I'm looking at my 85 with over 220K miles and thinking getting a new dist might be a good idea

You can use an oem cap/rotor on it just like the oem dist

It comes with a new cas plus the new bearings and the new gear itself … the remanned oem dists are about $260 plus core charge compared with 120 for the spectre … Also I'm thinking just having a spare around might be a good idea ( having 2 z31's)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Dist-Sp…4383.l4275.c10
    Last edited by dbruce; 12-03-2020, 11:11 AM.