Car wont do anything.

• Car wont do anything.

A few years back I bought a 50th anniversary datsun from a salvage yard with a burnt engine bay from injectors. car was straight so i completely switched wiring harness/motor from my wrecked(running) 85 turbo. I just started messin with it again and I think I got all of the wires hooked up correctly. But now that it cranks it doesnt seem to be getting any signal from the ECU. The ECU is good and my distributor was working properly when i pulled it out of my 85. But the fuel pump also does nothing. Just wondering if anyone else has had any problems like this.

I would really appreciate some ideas/inputs on anything you all have. It should all work in my mind since i switched "everything" from my 85 to the 50th ann. car. Thanks Brandon
    Horsepower cost money!
    and Money is a virtue!

1) do you have spark?
    2) wire up your fuel pump directly to the battery and have it run, and see if the car will start. if it does, and it idles well… fix the fuel pump circuit PROPERLY and enjoy the car.

no the car has no spark. but the wire to the coil is hot. any ideas are appreciated.
    Horsepower cost money!
    and Money is a virtue!

your car will not fire spark if your cam angle sensor is not working.

with the ignition key set to the "on" position, mark your distributor's current position (so you can set it back) and loosen the adjustment bolt. turn the distributor all the way one and then all the way the other away. you should hear the fuel pump prime, and then a spark should fire off on whatever cylinder is closest to he current distributor rotor position.

I usually do that to test my CAS wiring, and when it doesnt do that, I know my cas is either fucked or just not plugged in.