Rear Brake Line tubing size on Lower Control Arms

• Rear Brake Line tubing size on Lower Control Arms

Anyone know the diameter of the hardline on the Lower Control so I can go and get some on my way home this evening? Currently not near my car and have no tools to gauge what the size is- and I can't actually bring it into the store with me since it's on the car…

Fitting thread/pitch would be nice too. prefer All OEM specs so my stainless lines fit.

I just measured an OD of 5mm on my AE rear control arm.
    The batteries on my calipers are dead so this in an eyeball
    measurement but its close enough to 3/16 that it probably is.
    5mm= .197 3/16th = .186

Fittings i don't know.
    I googled "nissan flare brake fitting" and didn't come up with a solid answer.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

3/16" --- 4.75mm

1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo (Budget Supercar)
    1987 Nissan 200SX SE (Old School FR)
    1994 Nissan Sentra SE-R (Balls To The Wall Track Car)
    2000 Nissan Maxima SE (Daily Driver)
    2006 Scion tC (Wife Whip)

In an ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand, so my right hand could just be a fist for punching.

Suhhhhhhhhhhhhweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

thanks fellas.

I have those stock lines, I can check the thread pattern when I'm at the shop tomorrow.
    Feedback- viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19840

floridaZ wrote: I have those stock lines, I can check the thread pattern when I'm at the shop tomorrow.
    no need. i'll take the stainless lines with me and size them up tomorrow morning. then i'll report back.

thanks!

well I think i got all the line i need.

found aluminized copper tubing too.

Also think I found the Z32 to Z31 bmc conversion line fitting. I think it has to be made into a bubble flare at the BMC though, which shouldn't be difficult if the BMC is out of the way.

Bought 3 of them, so if someone wants one…

I got some purple colour coded metric inverted flare brake line fittings, but they don't seem to be the proper ones. I'll have to exchange them in a couple of hours.

They are 11mm hex and they look about 2 mm too short in thread length. They had longer ones with 10mm hex head- which I recall being the size on the flare nuts. I'll be getting those ones.

Damn, these lower control arm lines have to be the weirdest shape.

bent them clean and round with the spring-bending tool and a baseball bat to wrap my bends around (works awesome due to the varying size of the bat).

Dropped in some ATE Super Blue to make bleeding a bit easier- visually… put my new hard-lines in with the new Goodridge stainless lines and all seems well.

My brakes felt firm until I turned the car on- and it got mushy again, so I gotta bleed the fronts and rears again. probably while the car is on to use vacuum assist to aid with the pressurizing of the lines?

I dunno- never had that problem with the last honda I did front hard-lines on.

Normally you'd have to pump them up a few times when you turn on the car.

sprtcrazy17 wrote: Normally you'd have to pump them up a few times when you turn on the car.
    yeah i know but they still feel a bit more groggy than usual. i'll bleed them in an hour and see what's up.

i have to flush the entire system with the ATE Super Blue anyways, so I'll flush the front lines too.