high idle will not go down! UGH!

• high idle will not go down! UGH!

ok so i put my new radiator in yesterday, and replaced my CHTS harness, and a few other small things like a new intake to plenum coupler etc.

got in and cranked the car up, all was good if i kept my foot on the gas (car wouldnt idle at all, would drop to zero rpms and then practically restart itself, it would do this 3-4 times and then finally stall).

fixed that problem, shortened the hose from the IAC to the charge pipe because it was too long and it was kinked. played with the idle screw a little and gave it a quarter turn (it still wouldnt idle right, was idling about 450 rpms).

let the car cool off while i searched through some tools and then restarted it, now its idling @ 1500 rpms.. WTF /scratches head.

i set the idle screw back to the stock position and it dropped about 100 rpms. so i gave the distributor a little bit of a turn (retarded it about 3*) and it dropped another 200 rpms.

so its now idling between 750 and 1500 rpms (depending on the ambient temperature of the motor). the more it warms up the higher it idles. and when it hits N.O.T. id will randomly rev itself from 1000 rpms to about 1600.. i tryed to get a video of it but it didnt come out too well (cell phone camera + lack of light = shitty video) but you can still hear the high idle and the light rev..

any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

vid

make sure that the 2 hoses that go to the plenum from the intake pipe have no cracks. Also check the new throttle body coupler hose.
    Shiro #443

Rick88ss wrote: make sure that the 2 hoses that go to the plenum from the intake pipe have no cracks. Also check the new throttle body coupler hose.
    checked both, theyre all good. i looped the vacuum barbs that are under the throttle body and it still didnt change anything…

this is pissing me off and im about at my wits end.

anyone else have some ideas?

It sounds like your air regulator is working backwardly.

Which is not really possible, even if you hook it up backwards.

There's got to be an air leak after the throttle body somewhere.
    BLOZ UP.com
    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

there was another topic similar to this.
    Check your TPS