all show and no go..

• all show and no go..

i have a 84 turbo, cold starts are well lets say cold and brutal. barely stays alive isolates around 500rpm. after if warms up its alright, but only because i adjusted the throttle cable a bit. but my main worry is that sometimes it just wont rev up even at full throttle. sounds like its missing real bad just horrible. so as you can see this makes driving impossible if you have some ideas on what it could be let me know!! thanks

How much do you know about your timing belt? My 85t was acting retarded just like that got a new timing set and magical presto good running car! Still starts slow when cold though but it feels like a whole nother motor
    85T-2NA2T Exhaust delete,mbc2-10, syn. blend oil, GL4 in the tranny, Stock steering wheel, no t tops, bikini clad girls, cross-drilled brake lines, and a " HAHAHAHA F!@KIN SUPRA" sticker on the back!

Ya! I'm pushing 214hp/245tq! Thoroughbreds to one of the rear wheels

There are a lot of reasons why your car could do this, but have you done anything to the car recently aside from adjusting the throttle? Could be a timing issue, but most likely if it was the timing, if you adjusted the ignition timing, that would change it greatly.

I'm just curious though if you have done anything to the car recently before this started to occur.
    " I spend another hour trying to rip the bolt out of the subframe, pausing every five minutes to scream and contemplate how I get myself into these situations. Two cars over, a guy urinates. I watch the steam waft off of the fresh puddle in the gravel. It merges with the blowing snow and is cut by the aerodynamic wedge of a nearby Fiero. Beautiful. Another pry and the carrier finally falls to earth. I walk out of there $80 lighter, which makes me more mad." - Brian Kolar

Also did the car start doing this all of a sudden or has the problem always been there just getting progressively worse over time? Acute or chronic? Backfire through intake?

Just some more details on my car before the new belt: it would jerk under acceleration untill boost came in then it would run good till about 4 grand where it would fall on its face' the jerking was worse under moderate acceleration timing issues can be ignition or cam related
    85T-2NA2T Exhaust delete,mbc2-10, syn. blend oil, GL4 in the tranny, Stock steering wheel, no t tops, bikini clad girls, cross-drilled brake lines, and a " HAHAHAHA F!@KIN SUPRA" sticker on the back!

Ya! I'm pushing 214hp/245tq! Thoroughbreds to one of the rear wheels

yes just changed timing belt about 2 months ago, usually only on start ups would this happen if i didnt let it warm up for about 10 minutes. now its doing it randomly driving. it jerks until about 3k (pretty much only when cold) but then it has some hesitation problems and really doesnt go anywhere between 4k and up. just looked at the spark plugs they have a bit of oil on them not sure why that would be. but maybe im not getting spark sometimes and that would be the reason?

628sx wrote: Got the car home.... started and ran fine… left some marks, lol but as it warmed up on the way home, it started again.. almost like 2 missing cylinders on one side or something weird. Cause by the time i got home it sounded like a scoob. Also no power at all.. only reason i got home was cause i was already moving. im thinking maybe injector harness on one side or sumthin??
    sound the same?
    Turbo Rotories… 60% of the time.... they work every time..

Alright so you hanged the timing belt. If you did that correctly, with all the marks in the FSM lined up then check these things:

Have you checked your ignition timing? With Cyl 1 at TDC and the crank pulley at 0 degrees, the dizzy's rotor should be pointed center just to the right of the dist. housing left screw. Look at a Haynes Manual or FSM, so you don't mess that up.

That could clear up your idle.

The no power at certain RPM's could be an intake leak somewhere, or you need to check your plug wires, and make sure they aren't mixed up or on the wrong tab on the dizzy.

Could be some other things, but these are the easy obvious stuff. I'm sure someone else will post with an idea of what else it could be.

**both the intake leak, and then the plug wires being on the wrong spark plug caused the same symptons you mentioned. I never told anyone that the plug wires were wrong, because that was embarrassing haha, but it will cause power loss, and misfires.**
    " I spend another hour trying to rip the bolt out of the subframe, pausing every five minutes to scream and contemplate how I get myself into these situations. Two cars over, a guy urinates. I watch the steam waft off of the fresh puddle in the gravel. It merges with the blowing snow and is cut by the aerodynamic wedge of a nearby Fiero. Beautiful. Another pry and the carrier finally falls to earth. I walk out of there $80 lighter, which makes me more mad." - Brian Kolar

ignition timings good, i dont heard any leaks, but when i was trying to put spark plug number 6 back when it gave me the hardest time. like it felt like someone cross threaded it or something fell in there, its so hard trying to look at that one with the plenum on. maybe that could cause me some power lose. but it doesnt explain the throttle problem where its not revving up. and i keep tapping on the gas i can eventually get the rpms up but thats the only way