Lifter chatter? With video

• Lifter chatter? With video

I've had this car for about 2 months now it's a 1985 N/A Automatic , and ever since I owned it, it's had this ticking noise and it gets louder when the engines warm. I can hear it well at stop lights and it's starting to worry me, I'm gonna go get an oil change and see if fresh oil will decrease the noise.
    Oil pressure runs at round 30-40 psi normally. Not sure if it's lifters or injectors. Spark plugs are clean/normal so fuel condition is fine.
    Car has 76k original miles, has had 60k service recently (eBay parts).

It sounds like rocker assy wear to me.

It could possibly be a sticky lifter, it that's the case and your oil pressure is good (i wouldn't trust the factory sensor)
    clean oil might make it better. Some have tried using additives, like Rislone, Marvel Mystery Oil
    just Dexron ATF to attempt to clean off the deposits that might be causing a lifter not to function
    properly. Lifter tick typically goes away as the motor warms up though, from my experience.

Since it happens all the time and not just on startup, I would strongly suspect a worn rocker or rocker shaft.
    Only dis-assembly and inspection will tell you for sure.

My neighbors 86na had a similar knock to yours that got worse when it warmed up and when we tore it down
    it was wobbly/ worn rockers. I had him go to the U-pull yard and buy the nicest looking rocker assys from the
    lowest mileage VG33 Nissan Quest minivans that he could find.

We installed them and that fixed the problem.

If you do your own repairs, this is is a relatively easy fix.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

I would agree.

Sounds like rocker/lifter related stuff.
    Easy to fix!!

Good luck!

Okay, I have some free time this morning, but I don't have enough mechanical experience to just tear down into the engine that far without help from someone else.
    I've had an idle issue that sounds like a misfire (sometimes car won't start and I have to plug in all the wires and make sure they are seated into the cap, idle drops as low as 400, causing the car to stall), and I don't know if its correlated to anything but spark plug wire #6 is wiggly where it connects to the actual spark plug. I can hear a slight click, click as i move it back and forth and I'm not sure if the spark plug is threaded all the way, or if it's cross threaded or what it's just an assumption for now(hopefully just bad wire), anyhow could the ticking be spark grounding out somewhere it shouldn't? The engine is hot atm and my hand barely fits in the space as is to pull out the wire and check, plus I don't have boot pliers which makes it 10x worse trying to squeeze in. My uncle and my friend who are both certified mechanics told me just to get new spark plug wires and it'll help idle issue but I just like the extra input from the z31 experts out there.

Also- I know some say on how to check spark grounding out is to wait until night time, and then run the car and check to see if any spark is visible. That I can do if I don't get a chance to pull the wire and check it