Ignition timing jumping around

• Ignition timing jumping around

I've been having a problem with my z since I finished up my turbo build and I'm looking for any input you guys have about the situation. So basically what happens is it will drive fine one minute and at idle the ignition timing will be at 20 degrees like its supposed to be, but then randomly the ignition timing will jump to roughly 40 degrees at idle. In total it seems to be varying between 10 and 40 degrees. I have checked and verified these numbers with both my timing light and the nistune gauges. This situation has me pretty stumped with some rough ideas of things to try.

With my turbo build I swapped over to a pathfinder distributor. I'm guessing that this probably has something to do with my issue. So, I'm thinking about going and buying another z31 distributor and trying that to see if it fixes the issue but I wanted to see what you guys thought first. Any ideas and advice are appreciated.

Distributor sounds like the culprit. As well as the basic make sure it's installed correctly and all alignment marks are where they need to be. Aswell as confirming your ignition control module is working (prw2)
    http://z31performance.com/showthread…2-2-(-now-NA2T
    My build thread (:

That's what I was thinking. I'll have to buy a new distributor for it once I get the z transported to my new apartment. I was also planning on doing the prw2 mod soon anyways so I might as well do that soon too. Thanks for the input.